1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 12:45
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/wl49bc/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-arizona-gives-native-americans-the-shaft?xrs=synd_youtube_011316_tds_10

"religion freedom is guaranteed to every american... as long as they choose the right religion"
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 20:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/wl49bc/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-arizona-gives-native-americans-the-shaft?xrs=synd_youtube_011316_tds_10

"religion freedom is guaranteed to every american... as long as they choose the right religion"
    It would be harder, I think, for an openly atheist individual to win public office in the US than an openly gay individual.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 21:201 edit

Shut yer pie hole.
    People are free to be christian jew hindu muslim atheist scientologist martian-agnostic or whatever they want in America.
    wHY DON'T YOU BLABBER ON ABOUT MUSLIM COUNTRIES THAT JAIL CHRISTIANS OR EXECUTE MUSLIMS THAT CONVERT?
    Dick.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 22:16
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    wHY DON'T YOU BLABBER ON ABOUT MUSLIM COUNTRIES THAT JAIL CHRISTIANS OR EXECUTE MUSLIMS THAT CONVERT?
    Dick.
    As soon as the US military is finished bombing Doctors Without Borders hospitals and getting civil wars started in every country from Morocco to Bangladesh (except Israel), I'm sure we'll all give that our due attention.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 22:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 22:51
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    As soon as the US military is finished bombing Doctors Without Borders hospitals and getting civil wars started in every country from Morocco to Bangladesh (except Israel), I'm sure we'll all give that our due attention.
    Crappiest .....analogy....ever.
    Try to make sense next time.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 00:54
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Crappiest .....analogy....ever.
    Try to make sense next time.
    You first. I don't think "analogy" means what you think it means.
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 01:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Frankly, I have never felt attacked for being an atheist. If there is a Prime Mover, it is some sort of force. It is neither omniscient nor omnipotent. It has no direct or indirect awareness or interest in me. Organized religion has caused far more suffering and pain on the planet than good. So to answer Duchesse64, I really don't think most people would make a big deal out of Jenner declaring to be an atheist.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 01:57
    this is less about atheism and more about discrimination. fox and friends are always whining about christmas/christianity/christian values being under attack. they praised that homophobe for refusing to do her job (issuing marriage licenses). they keep advocating that christians' right to practice their religion is being taken away.

i want to see republicans defend these native americans and their right to practice THEIR religion. i want to see these people make just as much fuss as they did when starbucks decided that maybe a red cup is festive enough without barfing christmas cheer all over it, especially since now it would be a valid reason.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 03:021 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 01:15
    this is less about atheism and more about discrimination. fox and friends are always whining about christmas/christianity/christian values being under attack. they praised that homophobe for refusing to do her job (issuing marriage licenses). they keep advocating that christians' right to practice their religion is being taken away.

i want to see repub ...[text shortened]... gh without barfing christmas cheer all over it, especially since now it would be a valid reason.
    Christians, like myself, are not in the habbit of defending false religions. We have enough to do to defend the true religion. 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 01:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It looks like you got off on the wrong thread. This is not the transgender thread. 😏
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 21:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians, like myself, are not in the habbit of defending false religions. We have enough to do to defend the true religion. 😏
    Nobody expects or even hopes for tolerant opinions from Christians like yourself. One fondly hopes, however, that there are other Christians with more flexible iamginations who can envisage the possibility, if only in abstract principle, that other people might have different views without being evil incarnate. I suppose a model might be the Qu'ran in its injunction to respect Christians, Jews and other "people of the book" and allow them to exercie their different beliefs in public without oppression - something without precedent in Judaism or Christianity. One might also note the Islamic teaching that, since there is only one God, then the diverse religions are worshipping the same God and benefit from different revelations which have their own validity.

With Christianity as with Judaism and Islam, one encounters the problem of needing to defend their right to hold vile opinions, while knowing that included within their number are the outliers, like RJH, who wish to abuse their freedom to promote only division and hatred. Tiresome, really.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 23:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    hence my point: religion is free in america, as long as it is the right religion.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '16 01:18
    hence my point: religion is free in america, as long as it is the right religion.
    Actually, the Christian religion is the only religion that is continually attacked in America. There is very little attacks on other religions here, because we recognize their right to worship in peace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree