1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 12:442 edits
    I don't agree with the conservative agenda, but must say Karl Rove is making a lot more sense these days than Sarah Palin. Rove's more moderate approach regarding choices of candidates and governing will appeal to a broader range of voters than Palin's Tea Party (my way or the highway!) approach. In addition, Sarah Palin has little room to criticize others, since she simply quit her job as Alaska's Govenor for no good reason. Rove may be a balding fat guy, but at least he's smart. All Palin has going for her is decent looks, and a big mouth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/17/karl-rove-sarah-palin_n_2895684.html
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 13:06
    Indeed. I look forward to that fat blithering idiot making a fool of himself on Fox again this next election cycle. Rove certainly seems to know what he is doing..........Mwhahahahahaha!!!
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 13:09
    The fact CPAC did not invite Chris Christie to the party's party and pushing Ryan's budget that was rejected just 4 months ago, indicates just how out of touch the current GOP leadership is with the majority of Americans. Palen and The Donald help make the GOP nothing more than a dangerous circus side show.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 13:16
    Karl Rove is an idiot. I think everyone on the planet can agree to that and Sarah Palin has been effectively marginalized to obscurity.

As for the rest, yes, the GOP is a circus. Donald Trump looks as if a red nose would suit him just fine.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 15:38
    Originally posted by bill718
    I don't agree with the conservative agenda, but must say Karl Rove is making a lot more sense these days than Sarah Palin. Rove's more moderate approach regarding choices of candidates and governing will appeal to a broader range of voters than Palin's Tea Party (my way or the highway!) approach. In addition, Sarah Palin has little room to criticize others, ...[text shortened]... ig mouth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/17/karl-rove-sarah-palin_n_2895684.html
    Yeh, you would think so, but that's because you would not vote Republican in any case. Why would you care enough to advise Republicans what is in their best interests?

In the battleground States Romney won the votes of independents, but lost the conservatives who just stayed home.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 15:40
    Originally posted by Phranny
    The fact CPAC did not invite Chris Christie to the party's party and pushing Ryan's budget that was rejected just 4 months ago, indicates just how out of touch the current GOP leadership is with the majority of Americans. Palen and The Donald help make the GOP nothing more than a dangerous circus side show.
    What about a real budget proposal from the President or the Senate? Ryan, Palin, Cruz and others are what the Republican party needs if it not content to be a consistent loser. I'm not sure where Trump fit in.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 15:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Karl Rove is an idiot. I think everyone on the planet can agree to that and Sarah Palin has been effectively marginalized to obscurity.

As for the rest, yes, the GOP is a circus. Donald Trump looks as if a red nose would suit him just fine.
    I would not. Try listening to her CPAC speech, which I posted in another thread.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 17:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I would not. Try listening to her CPAC speech, which I posted in another thread.
    I hope the Republican Party continues to think your way.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 17:05

Karl Rove is possibly the smartest political scientist the GOP has. He is NOT an idiot.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 19:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Karl Rove is possibly the smartest political scientist the GOP has. He is NOT an idiot.
    Perhaps idiot was too harsh. How about a moronic fat slime ball peice of poo?

I could care less if Karl actually knew how to win elections. I just want nothing to do with anyone he gets behind politicall because he is a big government goon. I may as well vote for a democrat.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 19:07
    Perhaps idiot was too harsh. How about a moronic fat slime ball peice of poo?

I could care less if Karl actually knew how to win elections. I just want nothing to do with anyone he gets behind politicall because he is a big government goon. I may as well vote for a democrat.
    Rove is a smart political scientist, not a candidate. He shepherded a marginal candidate to the Presidency twice. On the other hand, he has no where near the people power of Sarah Palin, both as a candidate and/or as an endorser.

I have some doubts as to whether I want to win by saying the "right" things, or by simply being honest about what your beliefs are, and what you'll do. Romney suffered from a serious lack of identity and purpose.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 19:202 edits
    Rove is a smart political scientist, not a candidate. He shepherded a marginal candidate to the Presidency twice. On the other hand, he has no where near the people power of Sarah Palin, both as a candidate and/or as an endorser.

I have some doubts as to whether I want to win by saying the "right" things, or by simply being honest about what your beliefs are, and what you'll do. Romney suffered from a serious lack of identity and purpose.
    If you want presidents like "W" and Romney then I'm out.

In fact, the whole GOP is a farce. Face it, conservatives have been thrown under the bus. Just don't expect us to enjoy getting run over.

You know what they say about pay backs.

Now no one respects Rove. Conservatives and liberals alike view him as a slime ball. I bet even moderate Republicans look upon him with disdain.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 19:24
    What I mean is, Palin has been effectively destroyed in terms of a possible national election bid. Sure, she can still appeal to the conservative base and stay there and enjoy taking jabs at the moderates who helped to destroy her.

I was never a Palin fan, however. Anything that McCain chose can't be any good.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 01:20
    If you want presidents like "W" and Romney then I'm out.

In fact, the whole GOP is a farce. Face it, conservatives have been thrown under the bus. Just don't expect us to enjoy getting run over.

You know what they say about pay backs.

Now no one respects Rove. Conservatives and liberals alike view him as a slime ball. I bet even moderate Republicans look upon him with disdain.
    You are saying very much the same as I did. Rove is a pragmatist. Anything to win. That gets you GW Bush, McCain, and Romney. Palin is a person who speaks from the heart, and people in flyover country know it.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 01:24
    What I mean is, Palin has been effectively destroyed in terms of a possible national election bid. Sure, she can still appeal to the conservative base and stay there and enjoy taking jabs at the moderates who helped to destroy her.

I was never a Palin fan, however. Anything that McCain chose can't be any good.
    She remains a very powerful force. She can draw a conservative crowd in a NY minute. The left would not be so adamant in opposing her if they didn't fear her. To be sure, McCain has been wrong more than right, but I think he judged Palin's pluses pretty well. He and his managers were just awful in using Palin's strengths, and in minimizing her weaknesses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree