1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Whether or not RFK was partisan is not relevant. His brother was assassinated and his opinion about the Warren Commission had nothing to do with partisan issues. That is the point.

Saying he was not thinking clearly just because it was his brother is an empty statement. RFK had plenty of time to analyze the results of the investigation.

Perhaps you shortsighted to me. He was his brother's attorney general. Who had more insight at the time?
    I've read more than one book about it and I have no specific dog in the hunt. Certainly my dog, if any, is a lot tamer than RFK's.

I'd say that in a thread entitled "RFK Jr. is a conspiracy theorist" whether RFK was partisan is quite relevant.

That RFK was attorney general doesn't inherently give him more insight into the matter than the authors who spend decades researching.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 02:22
    Originally posted by sh76
    I've read more than one book about it and I have no specific dog in the hunt. Certainly my dog, if any, is a lot tamer than RFK's.

I'd say that in a thread entitled "RFK Jr. is a conspiracy theorist" whether RFK was partisan is quite relevant.

That RFK was attorney general doesn't inherently give him more insight into the matter than the authors who spend decades researching.
    Why would RFK being partisan be relevant? Was Lee Harvey Oswald a republican?🙄

RFK worked with JFK and probably knew more about what went on at that time than some author that didn't know any of them. I would think being his brother would give RFK more credibility, not less.

Your logic here is truly perplexing. You seem too dismissive considering RFK was on the "inside" so to speak.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 02:25
    When I leave out the Jr. in RFK it is quite deliberate. I'm referring to JFK's brother, not his nephew.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:32
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    When I leave out the Jr. in RFK it is quite deliberate. I'm referring to JFK's brother, not his nephew.
    I know, but I'm sure RFK Jr. is aware of his father's position.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 16:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    I know, but I'm sure RFK Jr. is aware of his father's position.
    That is not in question.
    I was just making sure you knew I was talking about RFK and not his son. How partisan RFK was is not relevant to his opinion of the Warren Commission Report.
  6. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 21:00
    Originally posted by JS357
    I don't care what they say I don't think the serpent in the garden of Eden acted alone.
    He didn't. It was a conspiracy with Eve.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree