Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    06 Dec '17 01:37
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    How much would Mchill's ignorant Europhilia survive enough contact with European realities?
    Where are you from, madam, North Korea?
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Dec '17 02:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    "Ignorant hillbillies"... I believe you mean "Self Sufficient-Hard Working Americans". A chosen lifestyle you undoubtedly know nothing about.

US - Pennsylvania - Appalachian Mountains.

"Wisdom is not like a flower one can pluck from a bush, it is like a mountain that must be climbed." - Hahaha...What a joke!
    "Sufficiently-Hard Self-Working Americans"?

If you say so, man, I'll take your word for it though, thanks... But tell me, is that before, or after, the SSA check comes in?

And, by the way, PA Appalachia is different from TN Appalachia.
  3. 06 Dec '17 02:26
    How much would Mchill's ignorant Europhilia survive enough contact with European realities?
    Not fair. How do you identify yourself, by national roots or adoption, or if not that, how do your friends think of you, or what does your passport say?

Me. I’m true blue northern Californian. Jerry Brown, Jackie Speier type, if identification with notable pols helps. Jackie took 5 bullets.
  4. 06 Dec '17 02:46
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Where are you from, madam, North Korea?
    RHP lists two pages of members claiming affiliation with the DPRK (North Korea):
    The highest rated are:
    SkippyJoe 1923
    danetov 1846
    Robert Fischer 1785
    Yilin Zhu 1539

In his profile, SkippyJoe writes sarcastically (in Korean) about Kim Jong-un.
    In his profile, Robert Fischer writes:
    "I moved to Pyongyang three years ago, even here people know Fischer."
  5. 06 Dec '17 02:50
    RHP lists two pages of members claiming affiliation with the DPRK (North Korea):
    The highest rated are:
    SkippyJoe 1923
    danetov 1846
    Robert Fischer 1785
    Yilin Zhu 1539

In his profile, SkippyJoe writes sarcastically (in Korean) about Kim Jong-un.
    In his profile, Robert Fischer writes:
    "I moved to Pyongyang three years ago, even here people know Fischer."
    Et tu?
  6. 06 Dec '17 02:50
    Originally posted by @js357
    Not fair. How do you identify yourself, by national roots or adoption, or if not that, how do your friends think of you, or what does your passport say?

Me. I’m true blue northern Californian. Jerry Brown, Jackie Speier type, if identification with notable pols helps. Jackie took 5 bullets.
    The Europhilic American Mchill has made many comments praising Europeans over Americans.
    Some of his comments about Europeans are factually inaccurate and show his ignorance.
    I doubt that most real Europeans would accept Mchill as any authority on things European.

Is it just as wrong to profess to love something out of ignorance as to hate it out of ignorance?
  7. 06 Dec '17 02:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    Et tu?
    The jingoistic racist American HandyAndy seems inclined to demonize people from or in the DPRK.
    Even at RHP, however, some Westerners seem unafraid of being affiliated with the DPRK.
  8. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    06 Dec '17 03:30
    The Republic of Texas
  9. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    06 Dec '17 03:50 / 1 edit
    The jingoistic racist American white man HandyAndy seems inclined to demonize people from or in the DPRK.
    Even at RHP, however, some Westerners seem unafraid of being affiliated with the DPRK.
    Fix'd
  10. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    06 Dec '17 04:26
    The jingoistic racist American HandyAndy seems inclined to demonize people from or in the DPRK.
    그렇다면 대답은 '예'입니까?
  11. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    06 Dec '17 05:21
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    그렇다면 대답은 '예'입니까?
    뭐?
  12. 06 Dec '17 07:15
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    Which Shire in particular? Could for example be Wilt - Shire or York - Shire, two deeply contrasting counties, or is there an area of England called 'The Shires' that I'm not aware of.

As pertains to the thread, by the way, English (Surrey then Sussex) living in North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
    Mostly Hampshire, Devonshire and Berkshire.
    Also lived in Scotland, mother was Scottish, and lived in the east end of London for a couple of years.
  13. 06 Dec '17 07:18 / 1 edit
    Where are you from?
  14. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Dec '17 08:12
    Originally posted by @vivify
    What does that mean?
    That I love the Alps and good food.

I don’t really feel any form of national identity, so, I choose what I want to be according to my preferences of the moment.

I was a Black Forester for a bit. Then, basically an Earthling BBQ’er.
    However, considering humanity, I hope that I’m an alien, accidentally left behind and that the mothership’s coming back for me; a sort of ET without special effect finger.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    06 Dec '17 14:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Where are you from?
    My guess is Yakutsk.