Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 15 Jul '12 02:35
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP. So is this a good move or not?

    Personally, if she is chosen I will just assume that Romney has been appointed to take out Iran and or Syria.
  2. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    15 Jul '12 03:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP.
    Ain't gonna happen.
  3. 15 Jul '12 04:24
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Ain't gonna happen.
    Why?
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    15 Jul '12 05:19
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/condoleezza-rice-for-vice-president-nope-still/2012/07/13/gJQAxcHyhW_blog.html
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '12 05:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/condoleezza-rice-for-vice-president-nope-still/2012/07/13/gJQAxcHyhW_blog.html
    She may not even have voted Republican in the last election.
  6. 15 Jul '12 09:02
    Well, Mitt Romney is seen as right-of-center and pragmatic, having been governor in a blue state. So I would expect the VP candidate to be someone with "conservative" credentials, akin to Dan Quayle on the GHWB ticket. Not Santorum, because he is just insane, and probably not Gingrich, because he lacks charisma. Not sure who would be the best pick for Romney.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jul '12 09:19
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not sure who would be the best pick for Romney.
    An unambiguously Christian, deficit-cutting policy wonk who has strangled Arabs with her bare hands.
  8. 15 Jul '12 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    She may not even have voted Republican in the last election.
    She and Romney would be perfect together!!

    That way the GOP can see if they can win by simply ignoring conservatives altogether. It is a recurrent wet dream they have.

    They say that Obama picked Biden just to show that he could win on his own.
  9. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    15 Jul '12 16:20 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why?
    To list a few reasons:

    1) Rice has repeatedly said she isn't interested.

    2) Rice has no experience running for--let alone holding--elected office. Besides the obvious practical problems that entails, Romney has also stated previously that he wants someone who has had that experience, so that he/she can campaign without supervision (think Sarah Palin).

    3) Rice is "mildly pro-choice." (Romney has enough to worry about in that department.)

    4) Rice doesn't exactly see eye-to-eye with Romney (or, at least candidate Romney--I'm sure she can see eye-to-eye with Governor Romney here just fine) on immigration reform.
  10. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    15 Jul '12 16:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    She and Romney would be perfect together!!

    That way the GOP can see if they can win by simply ignoring conservatives altogether. It is a recurrent wet dream they have.

    They say that Obama picked Biden just to show that he could win on his own.
    1) If you think Romney has been "ignoring" the conservative base of the GOP, perhaps you should go read his platform. And for that matter, maybe you could go compare it to his platform running for governor.

    2) As almost all presidential candidates do, Obama chose Biden to address general perceived concerns with his campaign. In his case, Obama chose to address legislative inexperience and foreign policy inexperience, as well as to blunt criticism of his being aloof.
  11. 16 Jul '12 22:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP. So is this a good move or not?

    Personally, if she is chosen I will just assume that Romney has been appointed to take out Iran and or Syria.
    It can't happen. He's promised someone who is anti-abortion.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Jul '12 22:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    An unambiguously Christian, deficit-cutting policy wonk who has strangled Arabs with her bare hands.
    Ann Coulter?
  13. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    18 Jul '12 00:23
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ann Coulter?
    Romney-Coulter would win in a landslide!