1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 02:35
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP. So is this a good move or not?

Personally, if she is chosen I will just assume that Romney has been appointed to take out Iran and or Syria.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 03:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP.
    Ain't gonna happen.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 04:24
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Ain't gonna happen.
    Why?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 05:19
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/condoleezza-rice-for-vice-president-nope-still/2012/07/13/gJQAxcHyhW_blog.html
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 05:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/condoleezza-rice-for-vice-president-nope-still/2012/07/13/gJQAxcHyhW_blog.html
    She may not even have voted Republican in the last election.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 09:02
    Well, Mitt Romney is seen as right-of-center and pragmatic, having been governor in a blue state. So I would expect the VP candidate to be someone with "conservative" credentials, akin to Dan Quayle on the GHWB ticket. Not Santorum, because he is just insane, and probably not Gingrich, because he lacks charisma. Not sure who would be the best pick for Romney.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 09:19
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not sure who would be the best pick for Romney.
    An unambiguously Christian, deficit-cutting policy wonk who has strangled Arabs with her bare hands.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    She may not even have voted Republican in the last election.
    She and Romney would be perfect together!!

That way the GOP can see if they can win by simply ignoring conservatives altogether. It is a recurrent wet dream they have.

They say that Obama picked Biden just to show that he could win on his own. 😛
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 16:202 edits
    Why?
    To list a few reasons:

1) Rice has repeatedly said she isn't interested.

2) Rice has no experience running for--let alone holding--elected office. Besides the obvious practical problems that entails, Romney has also stated previously that he wants someone who has had that experience, so that he/she can campaign without supervision (think Sarah Palin).

3) Rice is "mildly pro-choice." (Romney has enough to worry about in that department.)

4) Rice doesn't exactly see eye-to-eye with Romney (or, at least candidate Romney--I'm sure she can see eye-to-eye with Governor Romney here just fine) on immigration reform.
  10. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    15 Jul '12 16:26
    She and Romney would be perfect together!!

That way the GOP can see if they can win by simply ignoring conservatives altogether. It is a recurrent wet dream they have.

They say that Obama picked Biden just to show that he could win on his own. 😛
    1) If you think Romney has been "ignoring" the conservative base of the GOP, perhaps you should go read his platform. And for that matter, maybe you could go compare it to his platform running for governor.

2) As almost all presidential candidates do, Obama chose Biden to address general perceived concerns with his campaign. In his case, Obama chose to address legislative inexperience and foreign policy inexperience, as well as to blunt criticism of his being aloof.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '12 22:25
    I'm sure that everyone has heard that C. Rice is on the top of Romney's list for a VP. So is this a good move or not?

Personally, if she is chosen I will just assume that Romney has been appointed to take out Iran and or Syria.
    It can't happen. He's promised someone who is anti-abortion.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 22:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    An unambiguously Christian, deficit-cutting policy wonk who has strangled Arabs with her bare hands.
    Ann Coulter?
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 00:23
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ann Coulter?
    Romney-Coulter would win in a landslide! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree