Moves
    13 Jun '14 15:33
    Originally posted by redbadger
    vegans(whats that all about)
    They don't use meat products
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism
    They are also insufferably smug
    http://www.cracked.com/funny-1115-vegans/
    Notice that two of the most important vegan food groups are smugness and self-righteousness (some bad language in the last link)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '14 19:51
    vegans(whats that all about)
    Its about eating no animal fats

I myself am not a Vegan but a Vegetarian, i drink milk, eat cheese, enjoy crusty bread etc etc Vegans may be so because of moral issues (a perception of the cruelty to livestock being fed unnatural products in order to produce more milk) or may be for some perception of health reasons or it may be religious or ethical, it all depends on the individual.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 06:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its about eating no animal fats

I myself am not a Vegan but a Vegetarian, i drink milk, eat cheese, enjoy crusty bread etc etc Vegans may be so because of moral issues (a perception of the cruelty to livestock being fed unnatural products in order to produce more milk) or may be for some perception of health reasons or it may be religious or ethical, it all depends on the individual.
    I have a vegan friend(was a vegan) because she ate no meat and took no vitamins she now has to have a monthly injection because her body cant produce or use B12 she ended up in hospital very ill(she now eats meat)
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 06:47
    I have a vegan friend(was a vegan) because she ate no meat and took no vitamins she now has to have a monthly injection because her body cant produce or use B12 she ended up in hospital very ill(she now eats meat)
    In the mid 70's I developed bleeding ulcers and back then there was no treatment except a bland diet. I turned to a partial vegan diet. No red meat, refined sugar and no alcohol. I got my B12 from ocean fish after reading of health problems created by a B12 deficiency. After 3 years my ulcer was healed and I returned to my regular diet. Never had an ulcer problem again.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 09:541 edit
    There may be many reasons why someone has a B12 deficiency and not all are associated with diet. If someone is going to live on a Vegan diet then they should thoroughly research the subject.

Inadequate dietary intake of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 occurs in animal products (eggs, meat, milk) and recent research indicates it may also occur in some algae, such as Chlorella[34][35][36] and Susabi-nori (Porphyra yezoensis).[37][38][39] B12 isolated from bacterial cultures is also added to many fortified foods, and available as a dietary supplement [40] Vegans, and also vegetarians but to a lesser degree, may be at risk for B12 deficiency due to inadequate dietary intake of B12, since they may not be aware of the few non-animal dietary sources of vitamin B12. However, B12 deficiency can occur even in people who consume meat, poultry, and fish intake.[10] Children are at a higher risk for B12 deficiency due to inadequate dietary intake, as they have fewer vitamin stores and a relatively larger vitamin need per calorie of food intake.

wikipedia
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:03
    Just don't be a waynker about it...

YouTube
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:06
    There may be many reasons why someone has a B12 deficiency and not all are associated with diet. If someone is going to live on a Vegan diet then they should thoroughly research the subject.

Inadequate dietary intake of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 occurs in animal products (eggs, meat, milk) and recent research indicates it may also occur in some al ...[text shortened]... wer vitamin stores and a relatively larger vitamin need per calorie of food intake.

wikipedia
    thank you zen master
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:13
    thank you zen master
    I heard that Guinness has vitamin B in it but can neither confirm nor deny its veracity, it could be a myth. Had some awesome English ales while watching the footy last night, Bishops finger from Kent and Golden goose just in case I was deficient in vitamin B, one can never be too careful you know 😀
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:16
    I heard that Guinness has vitamin B in it but can neither confirm nor deny its veracity, it could be a myth. Had some awesome English ales while watching the footy last night, Bishops finger from Kent and Golden goose just in case I was deficient in vitamin B, one can never be too careful you know 😀
    I on the other hand had 5 or 6 drams of blended scots whiskey(cant afford the single malt)
  12. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:19
    Severe alcohol abuse can cause Korsakoff's syndrome, a deficiency of vitamin B1.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:43
    I on the other hand had 5 or 6 drams of blended scots whiskey(cant afford the single malt)
    Och the shame of it, a man having to drink a blended whisky in this day and age! Still after the refereeing decisions its enough to make any man turn to the bottle for solace and comfort 😵
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:441 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Severe alcohol abuse can cause Korsakoff's syndrome, a deficiency of vitamin B1.
    I heard that alcohol can kill vitamins although once again I am not sure if its true 😀
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 11:02
    Och the shame of it, a man having to drink a blended whisky in this day and age! Still after the refereeing decisions its enough to make any man turn to the bottle for solace and comfort 😵
    hollands game was legend

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree