Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 01 Jan '12 21:35
    The man behind Romneycare wants to repeal Obamacare?

    http://theweek.com/article/index/212854/romneys-assault-on-obamacare-smart-politics-or-blatant-hypocrisy

    Isn't this a bad position for Romney to take? How the heck is he going to win the general election if he wins the republican nomination?
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Jan '12 22:19
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    The man behind Romneycare wants to repeal Obamacare?

    http://theweek.com/article/index/212854/romneys-assault-on-obamacare-smart-politics-or-blatant-hypocrisy

    Isn't this a bad position for Romney to take? How the heck is he going to win the general election if he wins the republican nomination?
    This issue has been thrashed about in every GOP debate and has been in the media and in the Romney camp for many months.

    Why would this all of a sudden become a bigger issue than it's been since before the beginning of the campaign?
  3. 02 Jan '12 00:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    This issue has been thrashed about in every GOP debate and has been in the media and in the Romney camp for many months.

    Why would this all of a sudden become a bigger issue than it's been since before the beginning of the campaign?
    This will be hard for Romney to overcome in the general election. If Romney wins the nomination he will look stupid when debating Obama.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Jan '12 01:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    This will be hard for Romney to overcome in the general election. If Romney wins the nomination he will look stupid when debating Obama.
    He's already answered that question a thousand times. You may not like his answers but I don't see why he'd have any more difficulty answering the question against Obama than he did on front of all the TP audiences at the GOP debates.

    If anything, given that most of Obamacare is fairly popular but the individual mandate, I'd think he's positions in the past might help him in the general.
  5. 02 Jan '12 01:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    He's already answered that question a thousand times. You may not like his answers but I don't see why he'd have any more difficulty answering the question against Obama than he did on front of all the TP audiences at the GOP debates.

    If anything, given that most of Obamacare is fairly popular but the individual mandate, I'd think he's positions in the past might help him in the general.
    I don't see much difference between Obamacare and Romneycare except his is at the state level. Is Romney's only problem with Obamacare is that it is at the national level?
  6. 02 Jan '12 13:56
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I don't see much difference between Obamacare and Romneycare except his is at the state level. Is Romney's only problem with Obamacare is that it is at the national level?
    Obama owes Romney a great debt of gratitude providing him with the template for Obamacare, otherwise I say he's not bright enough to come up with one.
  7. 05 Jan '12 03:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama owes Romney a great debt of gratitude providing him with the template for Obamacare, otherwise I say he's not bright enough to come up with one.
    You got fooled by every ridiculous chain email known to man. I don't think you're in a position to insult anyone's intelligence.
  8. 05 Jan '12 04:03
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You got fooled by every ridiculous chain email known to man. I don't think you're in a position to insult anyone's intelligence.
    This coming from an Obama lap dog? You are a chain mail.
  9. 05 Jan '12 13:14
    Of course Romney's a hypocrite, he's a politician.