Moves
    14 Feb '12 23:17
    Latest favorability ratings:

Obama 53%
    Paul 42%
    Romney 34%
    Santorum 32%
    Gingrich 25%

Even with Romney's favorable ratings dropping, I am still pulling for Santorum or Gingrich to get the Republican nomination. Also hoping that Paul the protest candidate will run 3rd party.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/02/14/rel2c.pdf
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 01:08
    Originally posted by moon1969

Obama 53%
    Paul 42%
    Romney 34%
    Santorum 32%
    Gingrich 25%

Even with Romney's favorable ratings dropping, I am still pulling for Santorum or Gingrich to get the Republican nomination. Also hoping that Paul the protest candidate will run 3rd party.

When was Romney ever likable?
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 01:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    When was Romney ever likable?
    Good point, but his favorable ratings have recently dropped somewhat, and his unfavorable ratings have recently increased signficantly.

His unfavorable rating is now at 54% compared to 35% in November. 54% is a high unfavorable, whereas 35% in November was doable for him.

Romney since November:

Favorable
    Nov 39
    Jan 43
    Feb 34

Unfavorable
    Nov 35
    Jan 42
    Feb 54

4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 02:401 edit
    Good point, but his favorable ratings have recently dropped somewhat, and his unfavorable ratings have recently increased signficantly.

His unfavorable rating is now at 54% compared to 35% in November. 54% is a high unfavorable, whereas 35% in November was doable for him.

Romney since November:

Favorable
    Nov 39
    Jan 43
    Feb 34

Unfavorable
    Nov 35
    Jan 42
    Feb 54

I'm sorry, but for someone who's come to think that 'liberal democracy' is a farce, dissecting the poll numbers of some idiotic candidate is...well...a waste of time.

Regardless of who is elected, the elite agenda will win out. The only thing up for grabs is whether the elite will use the carrot or the stick on the rest of us.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 03:35
    I'm sorry, but for someone who's come to think that 'liberal democracy' is a farce, dissecting the poll numbers of some idiotic candidate is...well...a waste of time.

Regardless of who is elected, the elite agenda will win out. The only thing up for grabs is whether the elite will use the carrot or the stick on the rest of us.
    Grab your ankles and like it!! 😠
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 03:37

Obama 53%
    Paul 42%
    Romney 34%
    Santorum 32%
    Gingrich 25%

When do we get to the talent and swim suit contest? 😛
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 04:04

Obama 53%
    Paul 42%
    Romney 34%
    Santorum 32%
    Gingrich 25%

I'm thinking it may be Santorum who gets the nod to be clobbered by Obama.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 05:15

The poll numbers are fluid but that is not your point. So do you vote?
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 05:251 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    When do we get to the talent and swim suit contest? 😛
    The question is do you vote or not vote. It would be easy to say it does not make a difference, and stay home and not vote. Your call.

For me, I choose to participate and vote straight-ticket Democrat because it inrceases the chances of of a progressive federal goverment and moderates in the federal judiciary, which I believe me and my family have benefitted.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 10:461 edit
    The question is do you vote or not vote. It would be easy to say it does not make a difference, and stay home and not vote. Your call.

For me, I choose to participate and vote straight-ticket Democrat because it inrceases the chances of of a progressive federal goverment and moderates in the federal judiciary, which I believe me and my family have benefitted.
    Yes, it's done wonders for us so far, eh?

Speaking of your family, what kind of future do you think your kids will have with all this massive piling up debt?
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:051 edit
    Yes, it's done wonders for us so far, eh?

Speaking of your family, what kind of future do you think your kids will have with all this massive piling up debt?
    I think my kids will have much better future with the Democratic party (instead of the Republican party) as the majority party. As for the debt, I take the position of the Reagan Republicans who argued we will grow out of the debt. I say that is the case within reason, and also that the last thing we should do in this greatest recession we have had since the great depression is to reduce spending. Quite the opposite, we should have more stimulus.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:092 edits
    [b]I think my kids will have much better future with the Democratic party (instead of the Republican party) as the majority party. As for the debt, I take the position of the Reagan Republicans who argued we will grow out of the debt.
    Growing us out of debt? Yes, that theory worked well, didn't it?

As for the GOP, I suppose you will always have them around to blame for when things deteriorate. I suppose the same can be said for polarized members of the GOP. That way neither is held accountable.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:121 edit
    Growing us out of debt? Yes, that theory worked well, didn't it?

As for the GOP, I suppose you will always have them around to blame for when things deteriorate. I suppose the same can be said for polarized members of the GOP. That way neither is held accountable.
    I also value social freedom for my kids. The Republicans want big government in our private lives. I do not want my kids to live in a theocracy. Democrat presidents generally appoint much better justices to the Supreme Court than Republican presidents, especially now with the Republican party controlled by extreme social conservatives and religious fundamentalists. Eisenhower is rolling in his grave. Not many Rockefeller country-club Republicans anymore.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:43
    The poll numbers are fluid but that is not your point. So do you vote?
    I do. But I grow increasingly pessimistic as to whether it does any real good or not.
  15. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:51
    I do. But I grow increasingly pessimistic as to whether it does any real good or not.
    It doesn't. Who can you vote for to represent your views? For you, the democratic party isn't nearly crazy enough. For others, like whodey and uther, the republican party isn't crazy enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree