1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:14
    When asked if he will release his tax forms Paul says no. Says he would be embarrassed that his income is so low compared to the other candidates.

Maybe he is hoping people will make an issue of them. What do you think?
  2. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:25
    I think it's nonsense that people make such a big deal about it.

If he's not required to release his tax forms publicly, then why would people whine about that? I feel the same way about Romney's tax returns.
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 16:22
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    I think it's nonsense that people make such a big deal about it.

If he's not required to release his tax forms publicly, then why would people whine about that? I feel the same way about Romney's tax returns.
    I 100% agree and I find it a joke that people continue to make this an issue.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 02:05
    If they mean so little then release them otherwise you just sound like a crook. If you don't mind that then don't release them. I think the public has a right to know.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 02:13
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    If they mean so little then release them otherwise you just sound like a crook. If you don't mind that then don't release them. I think the public has a right to know.
    I would more say the public has a right to ask.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 02:24
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    What about Congressmen? What about judges? What about governors? Why pick only on the Pres?
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 19:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about Congressmen? What about judges? What about governors? Why pick only on the Pres?
    Indeed, I totally agree - all public officials (or those running for public office) should be required to release at least 10 years of tax returns and pee in a cup. Why shouldn't we know the facts about the people interviewing for public jobs or serving in public jobs?

In the Roman system, the moment someone completed their term of office they had to go to court to defend themselves against charges of corruption. If found guilty they were banished and barred from seeking office for a time. We need to bring this back. Jail time for thieves would be a positive change to our system.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree