1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 23:594 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/04/politics/bush-president-relationships/

Do you consider cnn a fake news site?
    Your article was created two years *before* the one I posted. What CNN said may have been true then, but not when Bush spoke two years later.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:18
    Originally posted by vivify
    Your article was created two years *before* the one I posted. What CNN said may have been true in 2013, that wasn't the case when Bush spoke in 2015.
    Are you trying to draw an equivalence to GW and Obama here?

Where is Bush's organization that Sabotaged Obama? A specific Bush created and supported organization.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:24
    Are you trying to draw an equivalence to GW and Obama here?

Where is Bush's organization that Sabotaged Obama? A specific Bush created and supported organization.
    Whodey claimed that Bush tried to not be a critic of Obama. I merely pointed out that this, like most things he says, was false.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:36
    Whodey claimed that Bush tried to not be a critic of Obama. I merely pointed out that this, like most things he says, was false.
    Tried? Just because he failed years later didnt mean he didn't try. The article I linked is evidence he tried and succeeded for a time.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:41
    Um, no. Bush was so hated (his approval ratings in 20's) by the time he left, he made it a point to keep a low profile. In fact, W stayed out of the spotlight for so long, news outlets noticed this. You can Google "Bush" and "low profile".

In short, Bush's lack of criticism was due to being considered the worst president of all time. He isn't in a po ...[text shortened]... f Iraq too quickly in 2011, though Obama has insisted his hands were tied on the matter.[/quote]
    So, on the one hand, you say that "W" kept quite because he was butt hurt, but then say he spoke out 7 years later, why?

How can you have it both ways?

Secondly, which do you find more politically expedient? Is it better to shut up or make an ass of yourself?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:49
    Tried? Just because he failed years later didnt mean he didn't try. The article I linked is evidence he tried and succeeded for a time.
    He...still...failed. Whodey...was..still...wrong.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:56
    He...still...failed. Whodey...was..still...wrong.
    According to your words whodey was right.

You didn't answer my question of equivalence.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:082 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    So, on the one hand, you say that "W" kept quite because he was butt hurt, but then say he spoke out 7 years later, why?

How can you have it both ways?
    Didn't you read Eladar's post? Bush tried, but failed...just like his presidency...and your point.

Secondly, which do you find more politically expedient? Is it better to shut up or make an ass of yourself?

That all depends on the situation. Even you'll agree that never before have we had such a colossally incompetent president (amazing, since we once had Bush). Never before have SO MANY people been given cabinet positions with zero experience for them. In fact, never before has there been a president with as little political experience as Trump. Never before has a president alienated allies (like Australia and Mexico) only by being offensive.

And I can go on for days with "never before" and Trump; but the scariest of them, is never before has there been a president who caused this much of a clusterfck in just THREE GODAMN WEEKS.

Is it better to "shut up or make an ass of yourself"? Here's a better question: Should we shut up when the President of the United States is making an ass of himself?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:11
    Didn't you read Eladar's post? Bush tried, but failed...just like his presidency...and your point.

[b]Secondly, which do you find more politically expedient? Is it better to shut up or make an ass of yourself?

That all depends on the situation. Even you'll agree that never before have we had such a colossally incompetent president (amazing, since ...[text shortened]... n: Should we shut up when the President of the United States is making an ass of himself?[/b]
    Should we shut up when a former president works to undermine the present president?
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:161 edit
    According to your words whodey was right.

You didn't answer my question of equivalence.
    a) Whodey claimed Bush never criticized Obama; this was wrong. Succeeding "for a time" doesn't make Whodey any less wrong. OJ went a long time without killing anyone. That doesn't make him innocent.

b) No, I wasn't "trying to draw equivalence". I was simply refuting Whodey.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:24
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/18/obama-linked-activists-have-a-training-manual-for-protesting-trump/

Obama is the first former President who has made it a point to sabotage the sitting President.

Obama really needs to be prosecuted as a traitor.
    Stephen Miller would agree with you.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:33
    Whodey claimed that Bush tried to not be a critic of Obama.
    Your words, now you change rhe goal posts.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:451 edit
    Your words, now you change rhe goal posts.
    Do you know what changing goalposts means?

YOU responded to something I said to Whodey (and said something incorrect). I corrected you regarding what was said to him (wrongly claiming Bush didn't criticize Obama). At some point, you forgot that this is what we've been talking about, and now you're claiming I'm moving goalposts.

Your age is showing.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:53
    Do you know what changing goalposts means?

YOU responded to something I said to Whodey (and said something incorrect). I corrected you regarding what was said to him (wrongly claiming Bush didn't criticize Obama). At some point, you forgot that this is what we've been talking about, and now you're claiming I'm moving goalposts.

Your age is showing.
    I think that point was when you misrepresented the discussion.

Will you agree that for Obama's first term Bush remained silent and did not attempt to undermine Obama?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 02:043 edits
    I think that point was when you misrepresented the discussion.

Will you agree that for Obama's first term Bush remained silent and did not attempt to undermine Obama?
    As the least popular president in U.S. history (until Trump), Bush *couldn't* undermine Obama, even if he wanted to. Bush went into hiding; he wasn't trying to criticize anyone, being one of the most reviled men on earth. He didn't stay quiet out of "class", but fear of public backlash.

It's possible that Bush only stayed quiet as long as he did, because it took him that long to get the courage to finally criticize Obama in front of an audience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree