1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 10:012 edits
    You heard right. The new Bernie Sanders health care plan will save families nearly $5800 per year!

I know I'm looking forward to it. In fact, I'm still exited about the $2500 a year Obama said I would save with Obamacare. Will it finally come this year do you reckon?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/news/economy/sanders-medicare-for-all/index.html
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:50
    Originally posted by @whodey
    You heard right. The new Bernie Sanders health care plan will save families nearly $5800 per year!

I know I'm looking forward to it. In fact, I'm still exited about the $2500 a year Obama said I would save with Obamacare. Will it finally come this year do you reckon?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/news/economy/sanders-medicare-for-all/index.html
    You fool!
    He meant $5800 for everyone.
    Quick!
    What is $5800 split evenly among 326,967,014 people?
    Wait.
    My bad.
    Subtract the number of members from Congress and all other Washington luminaries from that figure.
    Those sorry saps will just have to lose out on the sweet, sweet savings us fat cats richly deserve...
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:55
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    You fool!
    Quick!
    Wait.
    My bad.
    Subtract the number of members from Congress and all other Washington luminaries from that figure.
    Those sorry saps will just have to lose out on the sweet, sweet savings us fat cats richly deserve...
    I can hardly wait!

Finally, hope and change we can believe in! 😵

No worries, if it does not work out the GOP says that they will repeal it.

😛
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:15
    I can hardly wait!

😛
    You two, get a room already. You should be married by now.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You two, get a room already. You should be married by now.
    Is that covered by Bernie's plan?

What bout contraception? We must have it free or I'm not using any! 😠
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 13:23
    I reckon this means I can still keep my own doctor as well.

At least I can sleep in peace about all this.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 14:132 edits

It must be nice to sit at your keyboard and cherry pick only the info you want people to hear without giving them the whole story. Yes, Sanders plan comes at a hefty price tag, no doubt, but that is more than offset by the savings in doctors visits, check up's, and catastrophic coverage, and could be further reduced by eliminating funding for that stupid wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) not to mention the billions of tax dollars we shell out to the Fortune 500 in corporate welfare every year.

Every industrialized country provides healthcare for it's citizens. Why are you so against Americans having health care?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:29

Other industrialized countries, all of them with some form of guaranteed universal or near-universal coverage, provide health care at a lower cost. Do you think they have some magic trick for it that cannot be applied in the U.S.?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:41
    I can hardly wait!

😛
    Just using back-of-the-envelope figures, I have it worked out to about $0.00001 for every man, woman and child in these here United States.
    Thanks, Sir Bernie!
    I wonder how they're going to disburse funds?
    Manual checks personally signed by every member of Congress or maybe they save a buck and just push it into all of our wildly prosperous Social Security accounts.

I'm so excited!
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:09
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    You fool!
    Quick!
    Wait.
    My bad.
    From the article:

"But, he argues, people would save money since they would no longer have to pay monthly premiums or deductibles. A family of four earning $50,000 would save more than $5,800 each year. "

True or not, it seems impossible that someone would think this means "$5800 split evenly among 326,967,014 people" but the ability to lie to oneself in order to lie to others is underestimated.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    It must be nice to sit at your keyboard and cherry pick only the info you want people to hear without giving them the whole story. Yes, Sanders plan comes at a hefty price tag, no doubt, but that is more than offset by the savings in doctors visits, check up's, and catastrophic coverage, and could be further reduced by eliminating funding for that stupid wal ...[text shortened]... ntry provides healthcare for it's citizens. Why are you so against Americans having health care?
    What on earth are you talking about?

I'm pleased as punch to have Obamacare.

It's so wonderful, it sometimes befuddles me why they want to replace it before the ink dries on the legislation.

All I can say is, these guys really must know what they are doing.

Rest assured, we all in good hands. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree