1. Pepperland
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 15:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    So... Sarah Palin has stepped down as Goveror of Alaska. She was tired of dealing with ethics charges, and having herself and her family being watched too closley. Sarah Palin wants all the advantages of a being major player in a political party (money, power, etc.) but does not want to deal with the pressure of such a position. It goes with the territory!! ...[text shortened]... e on a nitetime TV show tells a few jokes about sweet little Sarah Palin. Well Boo Hoo Hoo :'(
    you think it was fair to make jokes about her daughter being knocked up? or the way the media ambushed her with questions about her perosnal family matters?

The G O P had no problem going after Hillary Clinton like a pack of rabid wolves when the Whitewater story broke back in the 90's,

Well, they were just as wrong when they did that.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you think it was fair to make jokes about her daughter being knocked up? or the way the media ambushed her with questions about her perosnal family matters?

[b]The G O P had no problem going after Hillary Clinton like a pack of rabid wolves when the Whitewater story broke back in the 90's,

Well, they were just as wrong when they did that.[/b]
    Politics in America can be a rough game. If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...and the Goverors Mansion, and the Whitehouse, and politics in general. What if Sarah Palin was President, and America was in the middle of a major national security crisis? What would she do? Quit?? You'll have to excuse me, I left my crying towel at home:'(
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 20:32
    Originally posted by bill718
    Politics in America can be a rough game. If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...and the Goverors Mansion, and the Whitehouse, and politics in general. What if Sarah Palin was President, and America was in the middle of a major national security crisis? What would she do? Quit?? You'll have to excuse me, I left my crying towel at home:'(
    Like Ross Perot in 1992. He was neck and neck with Bush and Clinton. As soon as things got tough, he dropped out. Later, he wanted back in. Yeah, right! Once you run away like that, the US will never elect you President.
  4. Standard membermbakunin
    Radio Gnome
    Planet Gong
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 21:01
    Originally posted by sh76
    Like Ross Perot in 1992. He was neck and neck with Bush and Clinton. As soon as things got tough, he dropped out. Later, he wanted back in. Yeah, right! Once you run away like that, the US will never elect you President.
    Yes, you have such high standards in the US. 😀
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 21:57
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    she was cleared of all bogus ethic charges.every one! hillary or no politician has been treated as badly as her either ,by the press.they fear her,that much is obvious.
    Except for the part where the bi-partisan Alaska legislature found her guilty of abuse of power. I might add the investigation began long before anyone knew she would be running for VP.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 22:47
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Except for the part where the bi-partisan Alaska legislature found her guilty of abuse of power. I might add the investigation began long before anyone knew she would be running for VP.
    Breaking: Sarah Palin cleared in Troopergate by independent state panel
    A report by an independent state personnel board has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner last summer.

Released today, the last day of the presidential campaign as the 44-year-old mother of five hop-scotched across the country to numerous states in last-minute hectic campaigning, the report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing.

The report was prepared by an independent counsel for the Alaska Personnel Board.

A separate legislative investigation recently concluded that Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, abused her office.

The charges included she allowed her husband and staffers to pressure the public safety commissioner to fire a state trooper who went through a nasty divorce from Palin's sister and other charges and that he Tasered their son and threatened members of the Palin family.

Palin says the commissioner's firing had nothing to do with the incident involving the trooper.

Palin's attorney Thomas Van Flein released a statement saying:

“Gov. Palin is pleased that the independent investigator for the Personnel Board has concluded that she acted properly in the reassignment of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

"The Governor is grateful that this investigation has provided a fair and impartial review of this matter and upholds the Governor’s ability to take measures when necessary to ensure that Alaskans have the best possible team working to serve them."

--Andrew Malcolm
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 23:22
    Breaking: Sarah Palin cleared in Troopergate by independent state panel
    A report by an independent state personnel board has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner last summer.

Released today, the last day of the presidential campaign as the 44-year-old mother of five hop-scotched acros ...[text shortened]... nsure that Alaskans have the best possible team working to serve them."

--Andrew Malcolm
    http://www.adn.com/palin/story/552393.html

Troopergate report: Palin abused power

By DON HUNTER, SEAN COCKERHAM and WESLEY LOY
    Anchorage Daily News

Published: October 10th, 2008 09:13 PM
    Last Modified: October 10th, 2008 09:13 PM

A legislative investigation has concluded that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power in pushing for the firing of an Alaska state trooper who was once married to her sister, or by failing to prevent her husband Todd from doing so.

The report by investigator Steve Branchflower was made public late this afternoon by a bipartisan 12-0 vote of the Legislative Council, which authorized the investigation......

This one is from Alaska legislature who began the investigation long BEFORE she was running for VP. It was also bi-partisan. It also received a *unanimous* vote of 12 - 0.

That Mickey Mouse "independant counsel" Palin put together after the fact is a joke.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 23:27
    http://www.adn.com/palin/story/552393.html

Troopergate report: Palin abused power

By DON HUNTER, SEAN COCKERHAM and WESLEY LOY
    Anchorage Daily News

Published: October 10th, 2008 09:13 PM
    Last Modified: October 10th, 2008 09:13 PM

A legislative investigation has concluded that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power in pushing for the firing ...[text shortened]... - 0.

That Mickey Mouse "independant counsel" Palin put together after the fact is a joke.
    Sarah Palin Cleared in Troopergate
    2008 NOVEMBER 3
    tags: court rulings, Politics
    by Mr Pink Eyes
    Sarah Palin has been cleared of any wrongdoing for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Released Monday, the report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing. The report was prepared by Timothy Petumenos, an independent counsel for the Alaska Personnel Board.

It seems as though someone who breaks the law in Alaska actually has to pay the price. If only that were the case here in the Northeast. Here are the crimes the trooper that Sarah Palin fired had committed:

using a Taser on his stepson, drinking beer in his patrol car, illegally shooting a moose and threatening his former father-in-law.

What an outstanding citizen, huh? She had him fired for these crimes and because she bucked the good ole boy network in Alaska they opened up an investigation on her. An investigation that the left tried to use to bring her down.

But this does offer us a glimpse of how the left thinks. In today’s world of the everyone-is-a-victim-nobody-is-responsible-for-their-actions liberal mindset the trooper who tasered a twelve year old is the victim, while the women who held him accountable is the criminal. It is backward logic.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 23:56
    Sarah Palin Cleared in Troopergate
    2008 NOVEMBER 3
    tags: court rulings, Politics
    by Mr Pink Eyes
    Sarah Palin has been cleared of any wrongdoing for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Released Monday, the report says ...[text shortened]... d is the victim, while the women who held him accountable is the criminal. It is backward logic.
    According to Wooten the kid ASKED to be tased because he was curious and he allowed him to be tased for a fraction of a second. He also said many other family members were there and they were laughing about it.

Neither of us can say what the truth is, but having a young nephew - to me the story is not far fetched. And I've never heard anyone deny his version of the story.

That being said it was still incredibly stupid, and he was punished for it.

But who did the Commissioner she fired tase? Nobody. And nobody has any reason to doubt his character. Why did Palin LIE about her office putting pressure on him to fire Wooten? That is until the tapes came out. Did you hear them? He was being bullied and when he refused to fire Wooten HE got fired. This has vendetta written all over it. Maybe the trooper is an azzhole, but if you really think Palin was just trying to be a good citizen you're fricking kidding yourself.

Yeah, darn those "liberal" Republicans in the Alaska legislature.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 00:15
    According to Wooten the kid ASKED to be tased because he was curious and he allowed him to be tased for a fraction of a second. He also said many other family members were there and they were laughing about it.

Neither of us can say what the truth is, but having a young nephew - to me the story is not far fetched. And I've never heard anyone de ...[text shortened]... king kidding yourself.

Yeah, darn those "liberal" Republicans in the Alaska legislature.
    do you have a link w/ the tapes? i have not heard them.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 01:05
    do you have a link w/ the tapes? i have not heard them.
    I have dialup here but you could probably find them on youtube.

And again, I'm not at all trying to say the trooper is some great guy. But I have absolutely no doubt this was all motivated by a family fued. And using such a powerful position for personal family matters is low class in my view. Think about it. Not ONE single Republican in the Alaska legislator backed her on this one?

Keep in mind also this wasn't all about Wooten. The Safety Commissioner lost his job over it.
  12. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 03:02
    none of these compare to what palin was put through,orchestrated mostly by her own party.
    The Clintons were subjected to worse -- including Rush Limbaugh calling 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton a "dog".

That being said, I do agree there's a certain degree of vitriol against Palin and it's likely that sexism explains part of it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 03:32
    Originally posted by karnachz
    I do agree there's a certain degree of vitriol against Palin and it's likely that sexism explains part of it.
    There may also be a fear that the likes of Palin as a candidate would bring the likes of some of the "independent, patriotic" posters here out of the woodwork en masse and sweep a fumbling-therefore-manipulable New Dawn into the White House, to the detriment of the entire nation, including those who adulate her, project their bristling misanthropy onto her blatant mediocrity, and trans-froth her "inadequacies" into "media mendacity".
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 06:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    and trans-froth .
    is this one of those deals that let you know that beer bubbles *are* bad for you?
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 18:35
    she was cleared of all bogus ethic charges.every one! hillary or no politician has been treated as badly as her either ,by the press.they fear her,that much is obvious.
    Not.

Hillary had $40 million thrown against her in a stupid and vain attempt to prove wrongdoing. Palin is in a paltry water balloon fight by comparison.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree