Save the Rich

Save the Rich

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
If you say so. In the town where I live (pop. 250,000) the average income is about $65k.
Depending on where you live that's middle class but hardly rich. If taxes are as high as you indicate, cost of goods, services and land has to be relatively low.

In high cost areas of the US, such as San Francisco, Chicago, or New York, $65k is almost poverty.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by normbenign
Depending on where you live that's middle class but hardly rich. If taxes are as high as you indicate, cost of goods, services and land has to be relatively low.

In high cost areas of the US, such as San Francisco, Chicago, or New York, $65k is almost poverty.
Well, there is obviously people who make more than the average. You know, that's why it's an average. Thing is, the rich aren't leaving. Why would they?

Your claim that $65k is "almost poverty" is laughable anywhere, even in "high cost areas".

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by normbenign

65k in SF is NOT almost poverty. Don't be ridiculous.

SF has plenty of real poor people. The difference is quite obvious.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
If you say so. In the town where I live (pop. 250,000) the average income is about $65k.
Meaningless though if 249,999 are earning $5,000 and 1 is earning $15,000,005,000.