1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 06:59
    Originally posted by badmoon
    This is nothing less than right-wing ideologues exploiting a crises to push through an agenda that has nothing to do with resolving the crises, and everything to do with imposing their vision of a harsher, more unequal, less democratic society.

Exploiting a crisis for a flat out power grab is what it is.
    OK, fine. You want to look at it that way, substitute "left-wing" for "right-wing" in your own statement and you've just described the way Obamacare came to be. If this is a power grab then we're just grabbing it back. Go get your torch.
  2. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 15:19
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    If by "break the unions" you mean to take away the ability of unions to confiscate funds from members as a condition of being employed, that's what you call a silver lining for the union members. If forced campaign contributions is the only way the Dems can stay viable (which I doubt), then why mourn their demise?
    Wow, what a load of... "Confiscating funds" and "forced campaign contributions". You certainly know how to misrepresent the truth. Do you work for Scott Walker?
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 15:582 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41808726/ns/meet_the_press-meet_the_press/

The main question I had of Walker was why he was going for the reduction of CB rights if the union had agreed to his proposed cuts in any case. His response is that only two statewide union officials had agreed to his cuts, but that the local leaders, who would also have to approve, had p ed for security" doesn't make much sense. I will retain my criticism of Walker on that front.
    Bravo! I would add if Scott Walker sincerely wishes to balance his states budget, he and members of the state legislature, judges and state attorneys (with there 6 figure salaries, and taxpayer supported health care) should be willing to give back some of there pay and benefits as well...but we sure don't hear much about this. All we hear about is the evils of those dirty old unions! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree