Secret societies

Standard memberRemoved
Debates 15 Mar '18 11:59
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 11:59
    Should they be allowed in the 21st century?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 12:142 edits
    I believe Southampton to be the home of at least one secret society and here's a video of their back yard.

https://sendvid.com/vohnkn55

Broken, wobbly tiles throughout the city, right up to the high courts where I even found
    broken glass outside. I've been asking for them to be fixed right up to the environment agency for years.
    I've seen them fix 1 tile since.

They even made me go down the road and provide the numbers of the business's that
    the tiles were affecting which I did. Only to be told it was the business's responsibility.
    I mean broken tiles outside one of the most active pubs in southampton over an inch raised throughout and even outside insurance companies.

Maybe somebody could provide some pointers on the art of fixing pavement tiles?
    There appears to be a lack of expertise here...
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 12:362 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 12:371 edit

5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 12:381 edit

6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:22
    How would you stop a secret society Since By definition, it's a society you're not supposed to even know about?

I don't think simply being a secret society makes that organization evil. Maybe it's just fun to join something no one else knows about.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:272 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    How would you stop a secret society Since By definition, it's a society you're not supposed to even know about?

I don't think simply being a secret society makes that organization evil. Maybe it's just fun to join something no one else knows about.
    I would imagine that you make it illegal.

We've got a big house, bang in the middle of our city with no windows that I suspect is
    a secret society. So it's not exactly subtle.

The city seemed over-run with noise polluting bikes well above the decibel limit which I've
    been busy reporting. It felt to me like an atmosphere of fear and intimidation.
    Even when 100 bikers showed up on illegal bikes (I know because I challenged them) and I reported them to the police I was told they couldn't spare an officer.
    It seems an entirely reactionary force down here.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:31
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    I would imagine that you make it illegal.

We've got a big house, bang in the middle of our city with no windows that I suspect is
    a secret society. So it's not exactly subtle.
    In the U.S., that would be a violation of constitutional rights. I'm not sure where you're from, but wouldn't outlawing secret gatherings be a violation of Rights?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:34
    In the U.S., that would be a violation of constitutional rights. I'm not sure where you're from, but wouldn't outlawing secret gatherings be a violation of Rights?
    I think it depends on whether that society is violating peoples rights more.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:38
    So then you can't Outlaw secret societies, you can only Outlaw specific groups based on their activities.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 13:445 edits
    So then you can't Outlaw secret societies, you can only Outlaw specific groups based on their activities.
    We can do whatever is necessary to protect people.

edit. The question was should, not how.

edit. edit. The bikers arrived less than 100 yards from the house with no windows and some
    bikes I reported were less than 50 yards.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 14:22
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    We can do whatever is necessary to protect people.

edit. The question was should, not how.

edit. edit. The bikers arrived less than 100 yards from the house with no windows and some
    bikes I reported were less than 50 yards.
    So this isn't a matter of banning a secret society, this is a matter of addressing groups that are potentially troublesome.

I'm not sure about outlawing them out right, but restrictions could be placed on such groups. Obviously, those restrictions would be based on the group's activities, the local laws, Etc.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 14:242 edits
    So this isn't a matter of banning a secret society, this is a matter of addressing groups that are potentially troublesome.

I'm not sure about outlawing them out right, but restrictions could be placed on such groups. Obviously, those restrictions would be based on the group's activities, the local laws, Etc.
    I think that all depends retrospectively on their behavior. If it can be shown that they have
    caused problems in the past. I think that's sufficient grounds for a banning.

I mean why are they secret unless they're up to no good? I call for transparency.

edit. and what good are they doing when the town seems over-run by motorcycles,
    not yards from their door? It doesn't seem that they've so much gone out with a wet
    cloth to clean the 'welcome to Southampton' sign. Some are so dirty they're barely
    intelligible.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 14:372 edits
    Why with all their money and influence is it taking the efforts of a homeless alcoholic to
    get anything done around here?

edit. I have a home and have control of my drinking now but am yet to get any support network.

I should say that it took me requesting the council to phone the police on itself for
    human rights violations before they acted.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 14:48

once you discover them, that secret society is a failure. it must disband in shame and try again from start. (do not pass go, do not collect 200$)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree