1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 00:47
    And we are all still here? How can this be?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 01:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    If our lawmakers were paid based on production, they'd be eating out of garbage cans....on a semi related subject, I find it helpful to take pleasure in small accomplishments, rather than to dwell too much on the stupidity of Washington D.C. (and there is a massive amount of stupidity there one can dwell on!) with this in mind, I'm going on a walk, clean out and organize my files, and plan the design for my little herb garden for this spring. The thought of fresh chives on my baked potato is a happy thought! Have a nice weekend everyone. 🙂
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 02:48
    Let the games begin...

Oh wait!...
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 05:20
    Originally posted by bill718
    If our lawmakers were paid based on production, they'd be eating out of garbage cans....on a semi related subject, I find it helpful to take pleasure in small accomplishments, rather than to dwell too much on the stupidity of Washington D.C. (and there is a massive amount of stupidity there one can dwell on!) with this in mind, I'm going on a walk, clean ou ...[text shortened]... ought of fresh chives on my baked potato is a happy thought! Have a nice weekend everyone. 🙂
    And you did this in the midst of sequestration without government money?

Say it ain't so!!

Could there be life beyond government?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 13:503 edits
    I can't believe you people just live your lives as if we were not in a crisis. Are we to ignore President Obama's warnings about cutting government spending? Are we just going to sit here and let the teabaggers win as America is destroyed from within?
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:23
    I can't believe you people just live your lives as if we were not in a crisis. Are we to ignore President Obama's warnings about cutting government spending? Are we just going to sit here and let the teabaggers win as America is destroyed from within?
    Perhaps if the rich lifelong pension and benefits evey congress person receives regardless of how long they are in office was ended, we would have more fitting candidates running for office instead of the garbage now occupuing both the house and senate. I have been a Democrate all my life. I am disgusted with both parties. We now have a plutocracy, not a democracy. The Supreme Court's Citzens United decision sealed it. It is rule by the rich. It makes very little difference who the hell is in office.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:30
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Perhaps if the rich lifelong pension and benefits evey congress person receives regardless of how long they are in office was ended, we would have more fitting candidates running for office instead of the garbage now occupuing both the house and senate. I have been a Democrate all my life. I am disgusted with both parties. We now have a plutocracy, not a d ...[text shortened]... sealed it. It is rule by the rich. It makes very little difference who the hell is in office.
    You want good people in office. You mean like Maxine Waters who warned us all that sequestration would cause a 170 miilion jobs lost?

We're all gonna die!!!

In fact, Ben Barnanke warned us all that the economic slow down could be as high as 0.5%. I repeat, a 0.5% reduction of economic growth.

Fools. Do something now before its too late!!!
  8. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:54
    "We're all gonna die!!!"

Yes, we are. That IS a fact.

"Fools. Do something now before its too late!!!"

Other than inciting panic, what is the remedy?
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 15:07
    You want good people in office. You mean like Maxine Waters who warned us all that sequestration would cause a 170 miilion jobs lost?

We're all gonna die!!!

In fact, Ben Barnanke warned us all that the economic slow down could be as high as 0.5%. I repeat, a 0.5% reduction of economic growth.

Fools. Do something now before its too late!!!
    Those in power do not care. They and their families are financially secure. The most powerful corporations do not need an American middle class. Is it not financially better for them to produce goods and services in rising economies and sell those goods and services to the people right there near the production centers rather than paying the cost of shipping goods half a world away to American consumers? We, the 99%, are no longer needed. Those with wealth will enclose themselves in huge gated communities which will contain all they need in the way of shopping, education, health care and entertainment. They will only need to leave to go to the airport. Just like the lobsters in the boiling pot, since we are all going down together, we will not recognize our demise until it is too late.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 15:48
    It has begun!!!!! Kano, Rearden, Sonya, etc....
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 17:30
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I'm skeered. :'(
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 20:04
    SNL on sequester.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/

You know that it is bad when a long time defender of Obama turns on him.

Pretty funny stuff.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 20:07
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    FATALITY!!!!!

PS you spelled Raiden wrong
  14. Germany
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 20:14
    If you're not working in the military industry, for the federal government or are receiving Medicare benefits the effects will not be immediate for you. Many of the cuts are conditional cuts that will only really come into effect if no deal is reached in the medium to long term. Since GOP and Democrat lawmakers alike are in the pocket of the military-industrial complex the chances of that are pretty slim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree