1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 07:324 edits
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5079799/Travolta-accused-sexual-battery-21-year-old-masseur.html

A police report from 2000 has recently surfaced, where Travolta allegedly groped a young male masseur, exposed himself, and committed other forms of harassment.

Last year was Cosby....This year, it's Weinstein, Bill O'Reilly, Spacey, George Bush Sr., David Blaine Louis C.K., George Takei, and now Travolta. And that's just the ones I know of.

There's going to be a tremendous purge from Hollywood, along with the U.S. political scene.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 07:37
    Honestly, who *hasn't* committed sexual assault in Hollywood? I'm just waiting for day I have to read "Guy who played Urkel in court for sexual assault".
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 07:421 edit
    Are people now guilty when accused or still innocent until proven guilty?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 07:561 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are people now guilty when accused or still innocent until proven guilty?
    I agree that it's getting easier and easier to assign guilt based on accusations. It's just that the Weinstein epidemic resulted because everyone was keeping quiet about their allegations; same with Cosby.

But merely reporting an accusation doesn't amount to charging someone with being guilty. I haven't attacked Travolta's character. I'm reserving judgement until more details come out.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 07:591 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I agree that it's getting easier and easier to assign guilt based on accusations. It's just that the Weinstein epidemic resulted because everyone was keeping quiet about their allegations; same with Cosby.

But merely reporting an accusation doesn't amount to charging someone with being guilty. I haven't attacked Travolta's character. I'm reserving judgement until more details come out.
    I think the issue is so endemic in institutions like Hollywood that it’s almost beyond “character”. Before long some the unusual revelations could come out, like Hanks for example.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 08:02
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think the issue is so endemic in institutions like Hollywood that it’s almost beyond “character”. Before long some the unusual revelations could come out, like Hanks for example.
    What happened with Hanks?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree