1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 21:27
    Donald J. Trump just fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions and installed a political lackey in order to shut down the Mueller Investigation.

SHAME! 😠
  2. Germany
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 21:43
    Ah, Season Two of Celebrity President gets off to an explosive start!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 21:47
    He fired Mr. MaGoo?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 21:59
    @wolfe63 said
    Donald J. Trump just fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions and installed a political lackey in order to shut down the Mueller Investigation.

SHAME! 😠
    Nothing's been shut down yet.

Sessions should make a fine witness to Trump's obstruction of justice.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 22:01
    @whodey said
    He fired Mr. MaGoo?
    New guy, Whitaker, 4th on the list and it was known for months that would be his choice, and he has made a number of public statements about how the Mueller probe is a witch hunt and needs to be shut down, exactly the kind of job seeking sycophant crap Trump loves and WOW, he gets the job. What a shocker, eh.
    Next step is now Mueller knows the end is near and I suspect that he will very soon start the indictment process and I suspect Trump or at least his kids will be under the gun. Oh yeah, Whitaker was also heard saying there was nothing wrong with that Trump tower meeting with those Russian "Adoption' reps.....
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 22:021 edit
    @wolfe63 said

SHAME! 😠
    That wouldn't shut down the investigation. Firing Rosenstein and replacing him with a lackey would shut down the Russia probe.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 22:08
    @vivify said
    That wouldn't shut down the investigation. Firing Rosenstein and replacing him with a lackey would shut down the Russia probe.
    My understanding is the new Acting Attorney General could take direct supervisory control of the investigation from Rosenstein; he did not recuse himself as Sessions did.

Hysteria is a bit premature though; I'm sure Mueller has anticipated this eventuality and has plans to deal with it.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 23:03
    @wolfe63 said

SHAME! 😠
    Surely shutting down an investigation about X by X or by people employed by X is, per definition, an obstruction of justice?
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 23:14
    @wolfe63 said

SHAME! 😠
    ummm...before your lie gets written in the minds of liberals like sonhouse...Trump didn't fire anyone.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 23:16
    @mott-the-hoople said
    ummm...before your lie gets written in the minds of liberals like sonhouse...Trump didn't fire anyone.
    Which planet do you come from again? Surely not Earth.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 00:291 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “Dear Mr. President, at your request I am submitting my resignation.” Jeff Sessions

What would have happened if he had not submitted his resignation after Trump requested it, Mott?

EDIT: Tweet of the Day:

Trump just obstructed justice by firing Jeff Sessions for not obstructing justice against the Mueller probe of Trump obstructing justice.

John Fugelsang
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:34
    @no1marauder said
    “Dear Mr. President, at your request I am submitting my resignation.” Jeff Sessions

What would have happened if he had not submitted his resignation after Trump requested it, Mott?

EDIT: Tweet of the Day:

Trump just obstructed justice by firing Jeff Sessions for not obstructing justice against the Mueller probe of Trump obstructing justice.

John Fugelsang
    you peole thrive on untruths...if sessions thought he was in the right he would have refused.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:35
    @sonhouse said
    Which planet do you come from again? Surely not Earth.
    I see I am too late.
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:51
    @no1marauder said
    Nothing's been shut down yet.

Sessions should make a fine witness to Trump's obstruction of justice.
    Do you get the sense that Senators are circling him and if he ever exposes a real weakness, it's Julius Caesar and the ides of March?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 19:30
    @mott-the-hoople said
    I see I am too late.
    Must be the radio signal delay time from your planet, what, like a light month away?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree