Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 18 Jul '14 03:12
    In the spirit of fairness, I think that since straight people should be forced to make cakes for gays, gays should be forced to make cakes for straight people. In fact, if we all were to be forced to make each other a cake, wouldn't the world be a much better place?

    What say you?
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    18 Jul '14 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey

    What say you?
    I say you are being very childish.
  3. 18 Jul '14 11:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I say you are being very childish.
    Are you implying that you would never bake me a cake, even if the state mandated that you did?

    Can't I have my cake and eat it too? :'(
  4. 18 Jul '14 11:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I say you are being very childish.
    he first completely missed the point of the discussion. then he was being childish by taking his ignorance and flaunting it.
  5. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    18 Jul '14 13:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    In the spirit of fairness, I think that since straight people should be forced to make cakes for gays, gays should be forced to make cakes for straight people. In fact, if we all were to be forced to make each other a cake, wouldn't the world be a much better place?

    What say you?
    don't like cake or puff pastry
  6. 18 Jul '14 17:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    In the spirit of fairness, I think that since straight people should be forced to make cakes for gays, gays should be forced to make cakes for straight people. In fact, if we all were to be forced to make each other a cake, wouldn't the world be a much better place?

    What say you?
    Woundn't 'making a cake' be considered "women's work" by someone like Whodey?
  7. 19 Jul '14 02:39
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Woundn't 'making a cake' be considered "women's work" by someone like Whodey?
    Here I am trying to bring the world together via compulsory cake making and all I get is derision.
  8. 19 Jul '14 14:57 / 1 edit
    I'm now to the point where I think cake should be considered a natural right.

    Thanks to the heroic efforts of the federal government forcing people to bake cake for gays even though they disdain the lifestyle, I now see the method to the madness. We will create a collectivist utopia one cake at a time as we bake cakes for each other. it will not only generate good will to those we may dislike or disagree with, it will help end world hunger.
  9. 19 Jul '14 17:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here I am trying to bring the world together via compulsory cake making and all I get is derision.
    "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" ('Let them eat cake!' )
    --Marie Antoinette (popularly misattributed to her)
  10. 19 Jul '14 22:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" ('Let them eat cake!' )
    --Marie Antoinette (popularly misattributed to her)
    This is a serious matter Duchess. Forcing people to bake cakes for one another could help end world hunger.

    Of course, the FDA would have to get involved. We can't have people poisoning other people or using bad ingredients. That's why someone from the FDA will have to regulate the cake making to ensure that only good eggs and milk are used.

    Naturally this will not be a cheap endeavor. Raising taxes will be a necessity to ensure that this plan will be successful.
  11. 19 Jul '14 23:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm now to the point where I think cake should be considered a natural right.

    Thanks to the heroic efforts of the federal government forcing people to bake cake for gays even though they disdain the lifestyle, I now see the method to the madness. We will create a collectivist utopia one cake at a time as we bake cakes for each other. it will not only generate good will to those we may dislike or disagree with, it will help end world hunger.
    "I'm now to the point where I think cake should be considered a natural right."

    Where is no1 when you need him?
  12. 20 Jul '14 02:36
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "I'm now to the point where I think cake should be considered a natural right."

    Where is no1 when you need him?
    No doubt, he would only offer right winged nonsense about how the Founding Fathers did not consider cake to be a natural right. Next thing you know he would be talking about the intent of a limited government in 1776 and all that tin foiled hat gibberish.
  13. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    27 Jul '14 14:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    In the spirit of fairness, I think that since straight people should be forced to make cakes for gays, gays should be forced to make cakes for straight people. In fact, if we all were to be forced to make each other a cake, wouldn't the world be a much better place?

    What say you?
    I think if we all made cakes for each other I hope everyone washes their hands first and I only eat carrot cake.