1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 May '18 12:23
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/07/dinesh-dsouza-rosie-odonnell-illegal-democrat-campaign-donations-broke-law-five-times
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    08 May '18 13:00
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/07/dinesh-dsouza-rosie-odonnell-illegal-democrat-campaign-donations-broke-law-five-times
    What's the normal penalty the alleged case?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 May '18 14:33
    Originally posted by @lundos
    What's the normal penalty the alleged case?
    read the article...

"D'Souza was charged in 2014 for making a $20,000 contribution to Wendy Long's senate run. He served five years probation and eight months in a confinement center. He was also fined $30,000."
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '18 17:16
    read the article...

"D'Souza was charged in 2014 for making a $20,000 contribution to Wendy Long's senate run. He served five years probation and eight months in a confinement center. He was also fined $30,000."
    Apples and oranges.

D'Souza deliberately and fraudulently violated the law and admitted doing so:

At the court hearing Tuesday, D’Souza admitted he knew what he did was against the law.

“I knew that causing a campaign contribution to be made in the name of another was wrong and something the law forbids,” D’Souza said, according to Newsday. “I deeply regret my conduct.”

Brafman added in his press statement: “Mr. D’Souza agreed to accept responsibility for having urged two close associates to make contributions of $10,000 each to the unsuccessful 2012 senate campaign of Wendy Long and then reimbursing them for their contributions. Given the technical nature of the charge, there was no viable defense.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/dinesh-dsouza-pleads-guilty-illegal-campaign-contribution-106882

By contrast, O'Donnell violations are most likely inadvertent (she gave $90,000 to 50 different candidates in 2017-18 and only 5 received amounts over the legal limit) , no fraud has been shown and thus even according to the New York Post article that revealed them:

Contributions over the limit can be refunded or counted toward a different election, and married donors can attribute the money to a spouse.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/05/rosie-odonnells-campaign-donations-to-dems-went-over-legal-limit/

So probably criminal violations of the law, such as D'Souza's, will be treated as such and mere errors, such as O'Donnell's appear to be, will be treated as such.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 May '18 19:022 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Apples and oranges.

At the court hearing Tuesday, D’Souza admitted he knew what he did was against the law.

“I knew that causing a campaign contribution to be made in the name of another was wrong and something the law forbids,” D’Souza said, according to Newsday. “I ...[text shortened]... l be treated as such and mere errors, such as O'Donnell's appear to be, will be treated as such.
    Exactly!

It's like Hillary and her e-mails

She had no intent, so innocent!!

Lucky for them, Dims never know what they are doing or why.

Hell, even Obama first heard about all of his scandals on the 6 o'clock news like the rest of us.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 May '18 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Apples and oranges.

“I knew that causing a campaign contribution to be made in the name of another was wrong and something the law forbids,” D’Souza said, according to Newsday. “I ...[text shortened]... l be treated as such and mere errors, such as O'Donnell's appear to be, will be treated as such.
    now explain the different names and addresses used by odonell...
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '18 22:21
    now explain the different names and addresses used by odonell...
    Have to see the actual names and addresses but most probably errors by some of the 90 campaigns in their record keeping. I've worked for campaigns; such transcription errors are commonplace.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '18 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Exactly!

It's like Hillary and her e-mails

She had no intent, so innocent!!

Lucky for them, Dims never know what they are doing or why.

Hell, even Obama first heard about all of his scandals on the 6 o'clock news like the rest of us.
    Our law treats intentional violations of it more harshly and more likely to be criminal.

It has done so before there were Republicans and Democrats.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree