1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 13:001 edit
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/02/07/republicans-ask-trump-to-block-gov-browns-high-speed-rail-funding/

Seeing that a damn is about to bust open, flooding various communities in California because of government cut backs and neglect, should the Federal government give California money for their fabulous new rail system?
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/02/07/republicans-ask-trump-to-block-gov-browns-high-speed-rail-funding/

Seeing that a damn is about to bust open, flooding various communities in California because of government cut backs and neglect, should the Federal government give California money for their fabulous new rail system?
    So you oppose government cutbacks and neglect?
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:23

High speed rail seems like a good idea for an infrastructure project given the medium distances between west coast cities (too far for conventional rail but not so far that flying is absolutely necessary). Of course, if the project was mismanaged or misrepresented, that's another story.

The general idea of punishing a state because it votes for the wrong candidate that underlies your and Breitbart's facially neutral statements, is reprehensible. We're still one country. The people of California would rush to help the people of Mississippi if they were in danger and vice versa.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    High speed rail seems like a good idea for an infrastructure project given the medium distances between west coast cities (too far for conventional rail but not so far that flying is absolutely necessary). Of course, if the project was mismanaged or misrepresented, that's another story.

The general idea of punishing a state because it votes for the wrong can ...[text shortened]... f California would rush to help the people of Mississippi if they were in danger and vice versa.
    New Orleans is another prime example of the point I'm trying to make. They still don't have a damn to withstand another hurricane that destroyed the city not too log ago.

Shouldn't money go toward known infrastructure that needs attention before it goes to new projects?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:26
    Originally posted by finnegan
    So you oppose government cutbacks and neglect?
    I oppose further spending unless it is used to maintain what is already there.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:27
    I oppose further spending unless it is used to maintain what is already there.
    You would have been happy to stick with gas lighting I am sure.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:291 edit
    You would have been happy to stick with gas lighting I am sure.
    Gas lighting? We are talking about 200,000 displaced citizens all because the state can't maintain it's infrastructure. In places like New Orleans, the situation is far more dire.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:35
    Gas lighting? We are talking about 200,000 displaced citizens all because the state can't maintain it's infrastructure. In places like New Orleans, the situation is far more dire.
    Yes. A crying need for responsible government action.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:35
    Yes. A crying need for responsible government action.
    We agree? 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree