1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 15:24
    The case of the supreme court has been decided, 7-2 in both cases against Trump in the idea that he is immune from ANY prosecution because he thinks he is above the law. That was an argument totally rejected by SCOTUS but they sent the whole deal, both cases, back to the lower courts and now it is up to Congress and the Manhattan prosecutors to get the whole thing done before November.
    They may not succeed in that though, touch and go and it is Trump's MO to run out the clock so nobody sees any of those documents before election day.
    We will see. Personally I hope he fries but that is just me.
    He may still run out the clock.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 16:19
    The supreme court is not quite as pro-trump as one would have thought.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 17:04
    @shavixmir said
    They are definitely pro-law.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 17:17
    @handyandy said
    They are definitely pro-law.
    As they should be.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 18:51
    @shavixmir said
    We're STILL not seeing his records, and probably not 'til after Election Day.

Sounds like they did the job they were hired for to me.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:231 edit
    @Suzianne
    It's not quite a win for Trump. I think there will be a push to expedite the cases and push them through the lower courts as quickly as possible so lets hold off declaring it a win for Trump just yet.

The decision was POTUS, no matter who, is not above the law which is what his stupid hack lawyers tried to argue.
    The fact is nobody wanted to represent Trump so he got these hacks who never did a supreme court case, country hicks basically. Actually tried the 'I'm POTUS, therefore I can't even be INVESTIGATED much less indicted because it would interfere with my ability to govern'. And it did not work, even Kavanaugh was one of the 7 who voted against Trump which surprised the snot out of me.
    Still, it has to make the rounds of the lower courts and hopefully fast tracked. I'm sure all the investigators and prosecutors will TRY to expedite the cases.
    We'll see if they succeed. News at 11.

I see Arizona is in deep doo doo, something like 30% of the population now testing positive for C19. How are you doing? Hunkering down I hope.
    Are people you see out and about wearing masks?

They seem to be wearing them religiously here in the Pocono's, at least in the boonies where we live. Which is a good sign.

Glad we escaped from Scottsdale! And Venice Beach where we originally came from.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:30
    @suzianne said
    We're STILL not seeing his records, and probably not 'til after Election Day.

Sounds like they did the job they were hired for to me.
    Please be sure to Vote in the Fall if you can!

-VR
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:52
    @Very-Rusty
    Trump prayer: May all the covid deaths be DEMOCRAT deaths, please god let republicans survive.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 00:48
    @sonhouse said
    @Very-Rusty
    Trump prayer: May all the covid deaths be DEMOCRAT deaths, please god let republicans survive.
    This would actually be an interesting statistic. Summizing ( with a broad brush ) that the republicans are painted as more "nothing to see here", re the virus and yet the rioters and protesters are more likely to be Dems, who would be taking the hardest hit.
    The black lives matter protests absolutely must be responsible for a lot of what has happened along with all the other nutters that have dim, sorry Dem leanings.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 03:28
    @jimmac
    Meanwhile, the biggest spike is coming from the so-called presidential rallies, like in Tulsa, huge spike after that event, thousands of people crammed in a small venue with no PPE, what could POSSIBLY go wrong.

BTW, Trump sycophants were told to take away the safety measures where seats were labeled for none seating and there is video of Trumpites quietly taking off those no seating labels designed for social distancing.
    A real goat fk.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:491 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne

I see Arizona is in deep doo doo, something like 30% of the population now testing positive for C19. How are you doing? Hunkering down I hope.
    Are people you see out and about wearing masks?

They seem to be wearing them religiously here in the Pocono's, at least in the boonies where we live. Which is a good sign.

Glad we escaped from Scottsdale! And Venice Beach where we originally came from.
    Yeah, Arizona is seeing thousands of new cases every day, mostly driven by those under 30 that Eladar and others said would never get it.

Our Republican dark money governor was as eager as Trump for business to start making money again and so distancing guidlines and masks ( "just saying you SHOULD, you certainly don't HAVE to wear them" ) meant nobody wore masks and having a freaking Trump rally here right after Tulsa didn't help at all. Over July 4th holiday, the Salt River was PACKED with tubers. I saw it on the news. What a bunch of idiots.

I have an essential job and so I'm still going to work every day at a postal facility that employs well over a thousand people. I'm all about the mask and distancing, and so is the official word from on high. They finally made masks mandatory on the workroom floor.

We still get the occasional news story about people throwing hissy-fits about wearing a mask at Costco or wherever, but for the most part, masks are the norm, thank God. I was at the bank today and saw someone refused entry because of no mask. They offered this person a disposable mask and they were so offended that they threw it on the ground and stomped out. And all these entitled crybabies are overwhelmingly white and I'm guessing Republican. Thanks, Trump, for setting such a great example for our citizens. Ass hole.

I had someone to my house Wednesday to replace a broken Roll-a-Shield strap and this guy was also all about the mask and distancing and he was pleased that so was I. I don't envy these guys going inside people's houses every day with no guarantee the owner will even wear a mask, much less give them room to work without getting in their face.

Arizona is a great place to live and work, even in the summer when temps are regularly over 110F (supposed to be like 115-116 this weekend, uggghh). The thing I hate most about living here (a deep red state) are the Republican a-holes everywhere you go, always bitching about something. The grass roots Democrat people I've spoken with seem to think we'll be a swing state in November. I dunno. I'd love to see AZ go for Biden. Otherwise, my vote won't count for squat. Yes, the wonderful(!) Electoral College means that my vote will not count for anything. So much for every citizen having a vote.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:55
    @very-rusty said
    Please be sure to Vote in the Fall if you can!

-VR
    I vote in EVERY election, Mr. Trivial.

Way to "contribute" to the thread.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 20:57
    @Suzianne
    Yep, electoral college, an 18th century relic. Well back then when you have a country a thousand miles or more across it would be difficult to vote in a reasonable time so it worked back then but now with internet trolls like Russians doing their best to mess up or democracy and gerrymandering and voter suppression, the electoral college is just a means to keep repukicans in power.
    What's a roll in shield anyway?
    We just had to get our above ground pool relined.
    This gf of our son Jonathan lived with us for 2 years and paid 200 bucks total for that time and has a 10 yo very troubled kid, a registered sex offender age 10.
    So he gets mad a lot. He took a knife and knifed our pool liner three times. It was the best liner you could buy, already over ten years old and doing fine till that little bastard did the pool in. $1700 dollars later, we have a new one but that was a search in itself, the liner industry is WAY behind in production as a result of this C19 pandemic. Had to get one online, they had 2 in stock! But at least it is a beautiful pattern. Thank god those people don't live here any more.
    Another of his tricks was taking a poop, wiping with paper towels even though there was plenty of ass wipe.
    So naturally the drains plugged up and we have a 4 story house, well basement plus 3 stories, and there are 3 bathrooms, one downstairs and two on second floor.
    So when all those paper towels plugged up the sewer drains, unbeknown to us, all of a sudden all the poop backed out of the downstairs toilet and filled the floor LITERALLY with poop. Talk about a screaming mess, and 200 bucks later for the roto rooter dudes to find the plug and they fixed that but it was a HUGE ugly mess getting all that crap out the bathroom. That was the 200 bucks she gave me for THAT mess. We have to completely replace the flooring in that bathroom, the wood got wood rot and we are stepping through it right now, with temporary fixes but it just pissses me off every time I think about that bitch and her little bastard.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 00:24
    @sonhouse said
    @jimmac
    Meanwhile, the biggest spike is coming from the so-called presidential rallies, like in Tulsa, huge spike after that event, thousands of people crammed in a small venue with no PPE, what could POSSIBLY go wrong.

BTW, Trump sycophants were told to take away the safety measures where seats were labeled for none seating and there is video of Trumpites quietly taking off those no seating labels designed for social distancing.
    A real goat fk.
    So what you are saying is that both sides are equally moronic. kettle black, hypocrites etc,fair call. Would still be an interesting Stat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree