Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 19:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Then you have clearly been brainwashed by someone, if not fox, then who?
    I am influenced by the Bible and the US Constitution
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 20:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I very much doubt that either of those lead you to believe that the use of 'libtard' was a reasonable description of anybody.
    Who do you use it for? What views do you believe it refers to? My first guess would be 'libertarian' but then surely you are libertarian leaning are you not?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 20:32
    At a guess, you haven't read either of them.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 20:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Certainly almost the exact opposite is true; human beings resist authority almost from birth. Most social training is designed to get us over our innate desire to be free.

Of course, your premises are contradictory and nonsensical - humans can't both be designed to "have an innate desire to be ruled over" AND "God [have] made us free". IF God made us with an innate desire to be ruled over, he did not make us free.
    Human beings are contradictory. it is human nature.

As you point out, human beings want to "do their own thing". This is our sin nature.

However, we all seem to crave authority, evidence of centuries of collectivized rule throughout history. The goal is belonging to the mob who will reign over other mobs. In this way, we get to do more of our own thing than if ruled by a power that simply seeks to oppress us rather than share its perks with us.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '16 20:44
    At a guess, you haven't read either of them.
    Bad guess. I've read both. In any case you are a libtard so you are blind to reality
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 09:25
    Bad guess. I've read both. In any case you are a libtard so you are blind to reality
    So, you cannot explain what you mean by 'libtard'? And in what way does that label make me 'blind to reality'?
    What would you say in the constitution influenced you? Are you sure you were not influenced first and just use the constitution to confirm those beliefs? Why would you be influenced by the constitution if not through a desire to be ruled?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '16 11:39
    So, you cannot explain what you mean by 'libtard'? And in what way does that label make me 'blind to reality'?
    What would you say in the constitution influenced you? Are you sure you were not influenced first and just use the constitution to confirm those beliefs? Why would you be influenced by the constitution if not through a desire to be ruled?
    Libtard means that being a liberal also means you are an odiot who is unable to see reality. It is a combination of retard and liberal.