Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 09:292 edits
    YouTube

Rapist (proven and convicted) is only given 6 months in a county jail by a judge who was a stanford alumni

For those with a modicum of decency, watch the whole youtube. Those that already have a preconceived notion that women cry rape or that rape cases are properly and fairly handled, don't bother.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:29
    YouTube

young turks piece on this.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:42
    YouTube

this is a parallel between this rapist and brian banks, a man wrongfully convicted of rape (spent 5 years in jail)

one guy is found guilty beyond doubt, is sent to 6 months. the other one is found guilty and sent to 10 years
    one guy is prosecuted for a 6 year sentence, given 6 months. the other one is threatened that if he doesn't plead "no contest" he will be prosecuted for 41 years (forty one, not fourteen). he does plead "no contest" and is still sentenced to 10 years

There was one more difference between the two, but i can't remember. Must have been inconsequential, something that conservatives claim it doesn't exist in america.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 15:00
    This reminds me of the "Affluenza Teen" in a way. In both cases, the parents came to their children's rescue, explaining why their spoiled kids shouldn't be punished for committing crimes they'd raise hell for, if their kids were the victims.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 20:381 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n89pMTBIwSU

Rapist (proven and convicted) is only given 6 months in a county jail by a judge who was a stanford alumni

For those with a modicum of decency, watch the whole youtube. Those that already have a preconceived notion that women cry rape or that rape cases are properly and fairly handled, don't bother.
    "...a preconceived notion that women cry rape or that rape cases are properly and fairly handled...
    --Zahlanzi

Some rape apologists here (such as Quackquack) have been arguing that the process
    of investigating rape at American colleges is extremely unfair and biased *against men*.

In this case, the victim, who has said that she represents 'every woman', has begun to
    receive strong public support and sympathy (including from Vice-President Joe Biden).
    But will every other woman receive as much support if she falls victim to the same crime?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 21:18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n89pMTBIwSU

So you are concerned about the rights of women, eh?

How about this woman stripped naked, dragged through the streets, and murdered in Egypt.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/elderly-christian-woman-beaten-by-muslim-mob/

Wrong race/religion to be interested?

That would be my guess.

Now back to the white male rapist.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 21:43
    Originally posted by whodey

How about this woman stripped naked, dragged through the streets, and murdered in Egypt.

That would be my guess.

Who I may remind you, was only stopped from killing the girl by the Swedish students. Who knows what would have happened if those two kids had not happened on the scene? I think she would have been dead and body in the dumpster.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 21:44

That would be my guess.

yes, for every topic made on this forum, there are other things more/equally/less horrible. congratulations for this obvious statement. you have reasserted that you are woefully limited intellectually.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 21:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Who I may remind you, was only stopped from killing the girl by the Swedish students. Who knows what would have happened if those two kids had not happened on the scene? I think she would have been dead and body in the dumpster.
    don't engage him. he is just trying to derail the subject
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 02:132 edits
    yes, for every topic made on this forum, there are other things more/equally/less horrible. congratulations for this obvious statement. you have reasserted that you are woefully limited intellectually.
    I just grow tired of liberals cherry picking their outrage when it comes to the abuse of women.

I hope the man in question rots in prison........but we all know he won't cuz our courts don't really give a damn. They would rather a man like this be able to use the same bathroom as the victim, and when they let him go, I'm sure he will.

Then there is Bill Clinton.......mwhahahaha!!
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 08:20
    I just grow tired of liberals cherry picking their outrage when it comes to the abuse of women.

I hope the man in question rots in prison........but we all know he won't cuz our courts don't really give a damn. They would rather a man like this be able to use the same bathroom as the victim, and when they let him go, I'm sure he will.

Then there is Bill Clinton.......mwhahahaha!!
    "I just grow tired of liberals cherry picking their outrage when it comes to the abuse of women."

this is the discussion, if you don't like it get out.

not to mention you didn't understand at all what the discussion is. this is not about rape being bad (of fukin course it is), it is about an obviously biased legal system.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 08:471 edit
    for people who still don't get it:

the stanford rapist is referred to as a "kid" who made a terrible mistake. a "kid" of 20 years.

can you guess how he would have been referred to if he was several shades darker? several magnitudes poorer?
    Edit: you don't have to guess. The prosecuter of Brian Banks sought a sentence of 41 years. forty one. he threatened a young man with 41 years in jail so much that he pleaded no contest and still got 10 years. and he was innocent. not PROVEN guilty.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 10:151 edit
    for people who still don't get it:

the stanford rapist is referred to as a "kid" who made a terrible mistake. a "kid" of 20 years.

can you guess how he would have been referred to if he was several shades darker? several magnitudes poorer?
    Edit: you don't have to guess. The prosecuter of Brian Banks sought a sentence of 41 years. forty one. he thre ...[text shortened]... much that he pleaded no contest and still got 10 years. and he was innocent. not PROVEN guilty.
    I remember Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. He was constantly referred to as a "kid" and if I recall they consistently used pictures of him in his earlier childhood when talking about him even though he was round 18 years old.

This is a tactic you use in court when trying to win a case. It is also a symptom of the nanny state. In the nanny state, adulthood is pushed further and further back, until you never reach an age of consent because the state will assume the roll for you.

After all, the nanny state implies that you will be a child forever.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 21:082 edits
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3635985/Stanford-rape-victim-hides-bathroom-locks-door-cry-sleep-dark-walks-streets-reveals-devastated-boyfriend.html

"Stanford rape victim 'hides in the bathroom and locks the door to cry, cannot sleep in
    the dark and walks streets to be alone' reveals devastated boyfriend."
    --Ruth Styles

"It (her rape) stays with me. It's part of my identity. It has forever changed the way I carry
    myself, the way I live the rest of my life."
    --the victim (who has said that she stands for 'every woman' )
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 15:181 edit
    I remember Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. He was constantly referred to as a "kid" and if I recall they consistently used pictures of him in his earlier childhood when talking about him even though he was round 18 years old.

This is a tactic you use in court when trying to win a case. It is also a symptom of the nanny state. In the nanny stat ...[text shortened]... assume the roll for you.

After all, the nanny state implies that you will be a child forever.
    Trayvon was killed at the age of 17, an age you could correctly use "kid" for. Saying "around 18" would be a rather despicable way of trying to minimize what happened to a minor.