Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13026
    31 May '15 03:57
    HIDDEN AGENDA - Strategy of Terrorism

    YouTube
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    31 May '15 04:16
    Maybe we should start looking for those "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq again. 😴
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13026
    31 May '15 04:31
    Originally posted by bill718
    Maybe we should start looking for those "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq again. 😴
    They are in Iran now. 😏
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10963
    02 Jun '15 10:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are in Iran now. 😏
    Better in Iran than in your hands.

    You have already stated previously that you would be pro-active in using them.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13026
    02 Jun '15 22:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Better in Iran than in your hands.

    You have already stated previously that you would be pro-active in using them.
    Yes, against the terrorists, hopefully before they use them against Israel and the USA which they say is their main targets. 😏
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10963
    03 Jun '15 07:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, against the terrorists, hopefully before they use them against Israel and the USA which they say is their main targets. 😏
    Thank God you are tucked away in a padded cell.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    03 Jun '15 09:092 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    HIDDEN AGENDA - Strategy of Terrorism

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0uu4bIC6w
    "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the communist party?!" Those words were the tools used by Senator Mcarthy and many republicans back in the 50's to fan the flames of paranoia, and promote the idea that the right wing in America were the only one's we could count on to "keep us safe". I see the same scare tactics being used with terrorism. The right wing suggests the same tired old veiled threats:

    1. The enemy is lurking around every corner

    2. We must be ever watchful. (An idea promoted nicely during the reign of GW Bush)

    3. The right wing alone are the only one's that can keep us safe (because the are REAL Americans)

    As a little school kid back in the early 60's we were lectured about the evils of communism, and how we must be "ever watchful" Decades later we learned the "red menace" was not nearly as dire as predicted, and those political leaders issuing those dire warnings, were doing so only as a tool to keep them in power. History has proved that people learn nothing from history. So...Mr. RJHinds. Go and build a bomb shelter, stock up on guns and ammo, and buy some great big dogs if you wish, but try to keep your paranoia to yourself. 😉

    http://www.senatormccarthy.com/

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GRGEG/qid=1136875849/sr=8-5/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-2729107-1426403?n=507846&s=books&v=glance
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    03 Jun '15 15:05
    Originally posted by bill718
    "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the communist party?!" Those words were the tools used by Senator Mcarthy and many republicans back in the 50's to fan the flames of paranoia, and promote the idea that the right wing in America were the only one's we could count on to "keep us safe". I see the same scare tactics being used with terrorism. The ...[text shortened]... duct/B0006GRGEG/qid=1136875849/sr=8-5/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-2729107-1426403?n=507846&s=books&v=glance
    I don't know about number 3, but number 1 and 2 are true.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13026
    04 Jun '15 21:27
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I don't know about number 3, but number 1 and 2 are true.
    The left wing is certainly not going to keep us safe. They wish to take money from defense and throw it away on experimenting with social programs.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    05 Jun '15 14:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The left wing is certainly not going to keep us safe. They wish to take money from defense and throw it away on experimenting with social programs.
    From which imaginary enemy are the Left failing to protect the state with the most insane military budget in history? Satan?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13026
    05 Jun '15 15:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    From which imaginary enemy are the Left failing to protect the state with the most insane military budget in history? Satan?
    Communists and terrorists of all flavors. 😏
Back to Top