1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 00:42
    well, indeed there are some funny numbers in the costs of our new health care plan. But, you can't change what has already happen, just take measures to avoid the same the next time.
    Since I am way above water on the home, sell it. No sales tax in oregon,so buy a motor home, they are cheap now... obtain a constant travelers drivers license. Can come back and trade for a new motor home tax free. Or any other major purchase.
    Keep moving, but never again get tied down to one spot.
    I own land in wyoming.... no state employment tax there, if i do want to work.
    Look at the positives.
    A well armed militia... :-)
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 00:44
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    well, indeed there are some funny numbers in the costs of our new health care plan. But, you can't change what has already happen, just take measures to avoid the same the next time.
    Since I am way above water on the home, sell it. No sales tax in oregon,so buy a motor home, they are cheap now... obtain a constant travelers drivers license. Can come back ...[text shortened]... mployment tax there, if i do want to work.
    Look at the positives.
    A well armed militia... :-)
    😕
  3. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 00:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    😕
    Reduction of taxable assets. I've been doing that for almost 10 years now. Ironically enough, my quality of life has improved dramatically.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 03:10
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Reduction of taxable assets. I've been doing that for almost 10 years now. Ironically enough, my quality of life has improved dramatically.
    Well, good for you then.

For me, I'd rather have stability for myself and my family; and if I have to pay Uncle Sam and the other powers that be a few bucks extra here and there, so be it.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 03:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    Well, good for you then.

For me, I'd rather have stability for myself and my family; and if I have to pay Uncle Sam and the other powers that be a few bucks extra here and there, so be it.
    now there's a patriot
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 17:10
    My children are out of the house. property tax here, on a piece of ground which is an 80 ft circle, is just over 4000.00 per year. I even pay a fee for water running off the ground, to pay for the cost of a sewer system. I should put underground tanks, and re-use the run-off? But it wouldn't matter, the bill would still come.
    You see Oregon is going broke, just as california is. So, property tax is one way of getting some money back, but it penalizes those who actually buy homes. if you live in a motor home,, walla.
    even if this place was paid off, I can still see paying over 500.00 a month in TAXES
    I'f rather invest that in a good health policy for my kids... If that is possible?
    In contrast my 5 acres in wyoming, is 268.00 every 2 years. ( unimproved ) But still, a whole bunch cheaper.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree