1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 19:41
    And Republicans complain.😛

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/world/africa/benghazi-suspect-captured/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 22:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/world/africa/benghazi-suspect-captured/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    Good, but another example of treating terrorists like common criminals.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Good, but another example of treating terrorists like common criminals.
    That's what they are and why the Feds and the States have numerous criminal laws regarding "terrorism".

Would you prefer he be treated like a soldier?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 23:29
    This is a MADHOUSE........I can't believe what I am seeing here.
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:062 edits

I know, it makes little sense. The Obama administration sends in a surgical strike team that kills Osama Bin Laden and captures computers and software that allows America to cripple his terror network, and the GOP credits G W Bush for it, the economy is in far better shape than when Obama took office, and the GOP says it happened DESPITE Obama, the housing market rebounds, and the GOP points to only those areas where things are still slow going, the Benhazi suspect is captured and the GOP, complains that Obama is hiding something, Obama manages an orderly termination to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, saving billions of dollars and many lives, and the GOP complains that he is "soft on terrorism". Obamacare turns out to more popular and successful than the GOP predicts and well... the GOP will find something else to complain about. That's politics in America!😏
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:11
    That's what they are and why the Feds and the States have numerous criminal laws regarding "terrorism".

Would you prefer he be treated like a soldier?
    Terrorists are neither civilian criminals, nor soldiers. They are and always have been much worse.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:19
    And this isn't really news but it is something right wingers like sas have a "hold yer breath and turn blue" response to:

Benghazi attack suspect Ahmed Abu Khattala, who was captured by U.S. forces on Sunday, told people the move against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was intended as revenge for an American-made online video that was seen as an attack to Islam, according to the New York Times.

The New York Times reported Tuesday:

What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video.
    An earlier demonstration venting anger over the video outside the American Embassy in Cairo had culminated in a breach of its walls, and it dominated Arab news coverage. Mr. Abu Khattala told both fellow Islamist fighters and others that the attack in Benghazi was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.
    In an interview days after the attack, he pointedly declined to say whether he believed an offense such as the anti-Islamic video might indeed warrant the destruction of the diplomatic mission or the killing of the ambassador. “From a religious point of view, it is hard to say whether it is good or bad,” he said.

The day after the September attack, the New York Times' David Kirkpatrick reported fighters involved in the effort were moved "by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as a villainous, homosexual and child-molesting buffoon." The Times did have a reporter -- not Kirkpatrick -- on the ground that night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/benghazi-suspect-video_n_5505181.html
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:20
    Terrorists are neither civilian criminals, nor soldiers. They are and always have been much worse.
    Baloney. Terrorists have been treated under criminal laws extensively and persistently.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:221 edit
    And this isn't really news but it is something right wingers like sas have a "hold yer breath and turn blue" response to:

Benghazi attack suspect Ahmed Abu Khattala, who was captured by U.S. forces on Sunday, told people the move against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was intended as revenge for an American-made online video that was seen as an ...[text shortened]... nd that night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/benghazi-suspect-video_n_5505181.html
    Wonder why it took so long to capture this guy. Seems as if news outlets have been "capturing" him for interviews all along. I wonder if he has more value than the five that were turned loose from Gitmo?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:26
    Wonder why it took so long to capture this guy. Seems as if news outlets have been "capturing" him for interviews all along. I wonder if he has more value than the five that were turned loose from Gitmo?
    Since none of the five released had any part in any terrorist attacks against the US and has this guy is the prime suspect in one, I'd say he has "more value".
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:34
    Since none of the five released had any part in any terrorist attacks against the US and has this guy is the prime suspect in one, I'd say he has "more value".
    But the administration has already returned to the old notion of giving the guy "civil rights" of a US citizen and trying him in civilian courts. He wasn't either an innocent civilian, nor a soldier. He was an unlawful, non uniformed combatant, a terrorist.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:461 edit
    But the administration has already returned to the old notion of giving the guy "civil rights" of a US citizen and trying him in civilian courts. He wasn't either an innocent civilian, nor a soldier. He was an unlawful, non uniformed combatant, a terrorist.
    You are confused. He is a terrorist i.e. a violator of laws against terrorism. He will be tried under those laws. What he was wearing is unimportant.

EDIT: Here's the Criminal Complaint which cites three different Federal laws:

http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/20201461718440417358.pdf

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree