1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 19:31
    https://deadline.com/2018/08/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-russia-robert-mueller-paul-manafort-trial-twitter-1202438029/

So if Sessions complies and ends the probe does that also mean his buddies will no longer be charged and the court proceedings stopped? Like Manafort right now?
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://deadline.com/2018/08/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-russia-robert-mueller-paul-manafort-trial-twitter-1202438029/

So if Sessions complies and ends the probe does that also mean his buddies will no longer be charged and the court proceedings stopped? Like Manafort right now?
    No, Manaford's charges do not disappear. Trump might not be able to pardon him due to charges out of New York State. The kitchen must be getting really hot causing Trump to try to get Sessions to fire Mueller. However, Sessions long ago recused himself from the investigation. Firing Sessions and/or Mueller might be seen as an obstruction of justice.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:05
    Any day now...........
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:36
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Any day now...........
    Any day now What? You wish the 'witch hunt' to end? Since T is SO obviously innocent?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 03:42

Yeah, nothing corrupt about someone attempting to use his power to end an investigation into himself.

Nothing what-so-ever!

Damn, life is funny!
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 05:48
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Yeah, nothing corrupt about someone attempting to use his power to end an investigation into himself.

Nothing what-so-ever!

Damn, life is funny!
    You are jumping to conclusions like many conspiracy theorists do.

Trump felt that Comey was ruining peoples lives in an effort to get them to flip. Particularly Flynn.
    If you were under investigation and knew it was a witch hunt what would you do after watching someone get their lives ruined because of an over aggressive investigation?
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:28
    Originally posted by @metal-brain

Trump felt that Comey was ruining peoples lives in an effort to get them to flip. Particularly Flynn.
    If you were under investigation and knew it was a witch hunt what would you do after watching someone get their lives ruined because of an over aggressive investigation?
    If I lie to the FBI. Will they ruin my life?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:30
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    If I lie to the FBI. Will they ruin my life?
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/the-hypocrisy-of-american-election-investigations-into-israel/
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:39

And if one were under investigation and were guilty and just happened to be the US President...
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:48
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    And if one were under investigation and were guilty and just happened to be the US President...
    One what?
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 08:16

I don't think so. Sessions is recused, so he has no say in this, but I think if Trump were to fire Rosenstein and hire someone to fire Mueller, the scheduled trials would still take place. I'm not sure about the rest of the investigation, but feel at least some of it would be farmed out to US Attorneys offices in other districts. This investigation has enough support from congressional Republicans to make any of this unlikely.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 10:25

But Trump knows it isn't a "witch hunt" since dozens or people have been indicted and/or convicted. Yes, the lives of criminals may be "ruined" if they get caught. Isn't that kind of the point of criminal punishment, to have some kind of deterrent to committing crimes?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 10:26

Well, if I was being investigated, I certainly wouldn’t want to appear corrupter than I already did...
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 12:38
    I suppose it all becomes a matter of survival in the end.

Is it political suicide for Republicans to allow Trump to get away with closing the Mueller investigation, given how close the midterms are now?

Or will political survival instincts kick in and will Republicans move to impeach Trump should he find a way to shut down Mueller?

Does that mean that either way, Trump has to grin and bear Mueller's ongoing investigation?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 16:09
    One what?
    Methinks thee protesteth too much, in regards to defending the POTUS you claim you didn't vote for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree