1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 21:563 edits
    All the debating aside, we all want to have enough ecenomic wealth that up to the moment we shuffle off this mortal coil, we will live a life of satisfactory economic comfort, including knowledge that any desire we have to bestow comfort on our survivors is satisfied. Unfortunately, there is uncertainty involved in guessing when we will cross the finish line age-wise and how big a bite our end-of-life medical issues will take of our wealth, not to mention the uncertainty of any investment strategies we follow. (Edit: including investment in our own education and career.) Some are driven by this uncertainty to spend too much of their limited time on the acquisition and preservation of wealth.

I find much of the debates on such forums as this to be rather petty, especially those that argue from grand principles. Preserve our ability to positively influence our economic comfort level and to achieve a satisfactory level of confidence that we have done so, and I dare say we would be happy enough under any economic system regardless of the balance point of private and public enterprise.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 22:051 edit
    @JS357

When you mess with other peoples health care/money, they do tend to get a little testy.

Imagine that.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 22:512 edits
    @whodey said
    @JS357

When you mess with other peoples health care/money, they do tend to get a little testy.

Imagine that.
    This is why it is dangerous to inform the masses that we aren’t likely to make it to the finish line financially before we croak, informing us by shutting down parts of the public and private economy in which we work to pay the bills on a month to month basis. A desire to redefine ‘fairness’ sets in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree