1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:26
    You've got to give Trump credit for this. Is there any other person who has defeated both the Bushes and the Clintons in one election cycle?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You've got to give Trump credit for this. Is there any other person who has defeated both the Bushes and the Clintons in one election cycle?
    If you make your criteria tight enough you can give credit to anyone you like. Who else managed to win against Clinton while also having a surname starting with T?

PS. Obama essentially beat both the Bushes and the Clintons which is why you had to throw in the 'one election cycle'.
    The truth is, that Trump doesn't really deserve any credit. Almost any republican could have got more votes than he did. Election cycles meant that the democrats were at a disadvantage from the beginning. That Clinton nearly made it just shows how badly the republican party is doing.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you make your criteria tight enough you can give credit to anyone you like. Who else managed to win against Clinton while also having a surname starting with T?

PS. Obama essentially beat both the Bushes and the Clintons which is why you had to throw in the 'one election cycle'.
    The truth is, that Trump doesn't really deserve any credit. Almost any ...[text shortened]... m the beginning. That Clinton nearly made it just shows how badly the republican party is doing.
    Name another person who has defeated the Clinton and Bush family like this.

Obama defeated Bush? I thought it was McCain and Romney.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree