1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 12:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've said many times over again that what needs to be done is raise taxes and lower entitlements. Just like the credit crisis indicates, Americans enjoy living beyond their means. However, no one has the heart to tell them as much. Both Barak and "W" continued the spending game with lower taxes, only, Barak will now slowly begin to raise our taxes. Lucky ...[text shortened]... ve in once again and demand "change you can believe in" by proposing a single payer system.
    You keep saying he has increased the deficit (and taxes) when the CBO (in their most conservative estimate) calls you a liar. The health insurance plan that passed was the Republican plan. I don't know a single Democrat who wanted that plan. We all recognized that single payer would be simpler to administer and would save a ton of money. But we accepted it because we must do something to decrease the burden. Conservatives opposed doing anything - which was plainly stupid. If they actually cared about the deficit they should have been engaged in this process to reach a better conclusion. The fact that the only policy offered was obstruction shows that they were not serious about this issue. The 8 years of Bush handing out cash from pallets shows that they are not serious about this issue. If you want a responsible fiscal plan for government you better vote Democratic because the Republican party cannot even responsibly spend their own money (as recent events indicate.) Democrats will solve these problems (just like we always have - they didn't call it the Era of Good Feeling for nothing.) Lies will not not make it easier but that is certainly what we expect from the Republicans. It turns out that is their only strategy.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 15:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Perhaps sandwich shops should be vehicles for income redistribution. David Tepper should have to pay $1,000,000 for a sandwich.
    I don't think he pays $1,000,000 for a sandwich; but I'll bet he pays something like $100 for many of his meals.

I doubt he swings by Subway on the way home from work for dinner.

More likely, he pays his limo driver to drive him to the 21 Club where he pays $100 for his burger and fries.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 15:36
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    You keep saying he has increased the deficit (and taxes) when the CBO (in their most conservative estimate) calls you a liar. The health insurance plan that passed was the Republican plan. I don't know a single Democrat who wanted that plan. We all recognized that single payer would be simpler to administer and would save a ton of money. But we accepted ...[text shortened]... at is certainly what we expect from the Republicans. It turns out that is their only strategy.
    So tell me spanky why is it that taxes will begin to be collected years before the plan is implemented? I'll tell you why, it is because they can cook the books. The truth of the matter is that they really don't know. In fact, Obama has said that change needs to happen now because Medicare/Medaid is going belly up. So do you think that the originalors of the bill thought this would happen?
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 17:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    So tell me spanky why is it that taxes will begin to be collected years before the plan is implemented? I'll tell you why, it is because they can cook the books. The truth of the matter is that they really don't know. In fact, Obama has said that change needs to happen now because Medicare/Medaid is going belly up. So do you think that the originalors of the bill thought this would happen?
    Again, I don't know what your babbling about. I can tell from my tax return this year that Obama cut my taxes and the CBO scores the health insurance bill as plus 1.5 trillion on the budget which is about 10 trillion less than Bush spent and he didn't even take us all to a plain-jane strip-joint.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree