1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 20:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    More "equal" time to all candidates?

What does that mean? What is "equal" and who measures it out?

What I've noticed in these debates is, both candidates are suppose to have equal time, but usually the liberal gets the most time. Both candidates are suppose to be treated equally by the moderator, but the Republican candidate usually gets accused of ma ...[text shortened]... here are the other parties that never see the light of day at these debates. Sound fair to you?
    You mean like the Fairness Doctrine? Or the Equal Time Rule?

Both of these were abolished under your hero, Reagan.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 20:261 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You mean like the Fairness Doctrine? Or the Equal Time Rule?

Both of these were abolished under your hero, Reagan.
    What you consider equality does not impress me in the least, especially when no two people can ever decide what is equal.

These laws are nothing more than tools to restrict free speech.

What I've learned from the Obama administration is, laws only apply to the little people, especially political opponents, while the powers that be bend, twist, or simply ignore them.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 23:52
    Originally posted by JS357
    I heard a commentator say the Cruz and Rubio camps are the big losers, meaning if this 2005 tape had been aired during the primaries, one of them would be running for president and would probably be ahead of Hillary.
    I'm not sure of that. Rubio was a reasonably terrible campaigner and Cruz is pretty extreme right wing besides coming off as arrogant. I think Hillary would have had a good chance of beating either.

Kasich would have been a fairly heavy favorite against her though.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 00:03
    So I'm a Nazi, eh?

If Trump were a Nazi, he would win the election because power and winning elections is all that matters to a Nazi. They have no morality whatsoever, other than obtaining power. As of today, Trump is over 10 points behind Hillary, the election is over.

So lets say there is this nasty candidate that goes around lying all the time and ...[text shortened]... may have abused in those 10 years must be sacrifice, all in the name of obtaining supreme power.
    There are pills for this condition...
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 00:29
    So I'm a Nazi, eh?

If Trump were a Nazi, he would win the election because power and winning elections is all that matters to a Nazi. They have no morality whatsoever, other than obtaining power. As of today, Trump is over 10 points behind Hillary, the election is over.

So lets say there is this nasty candidate that goes around lying all the time and ...[text shortened]... may have abused in those 10 years must be sacrifice, all in the name of obtaining supreme power.
    Trump has characteristics in common with Nazi ideology. However, Nazis don't win elections.

Speaking of lying all the time, you keep continually claiming that Hillary "gave away national secrets" without ever presenting any evidence that this is so despite being challenged to do so numerous times.

The third paragraph is another crazy conspiracy theory; the truth is rather mundane as I have already explained with the relevant cites.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump has characteristics in common with Nazi ideology. However, Nazis don't win elections.

Speaking of lying all the time, you keep continually claiming that Hillary "gave away national secrets" without ever presenting any evidence that this is so despite being challenged to do so numerous times.

The third paragraph is another crazy conspiracy theory; the truth is rather mundane as I have already explained with the relevant cites.
    Wiki Leaks releases e-mails every week and we are suppose to believe that she did not give away any secrets?

Tasty cool aid, isn't it?

As for winning elections, my bad. For example, Barak Obama never gave up a seat he did not sell first.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 07:49
    And then there are the other parties that never see the light of day at these debates. Sound fair to you?
    No, it doesn't seem fair to me, and I asked you if you would be in favour of taking measures to correct that. I note that instead of proposing measures to correct it, you went off into a diatribe about how terrible the current system is.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it doesn't seem fair to me, and I asked you if you would be in favour of taking measures to correct that. I note that instead of proposing measures to correct it, you went off into a diatribe about how terrible the current system is.
    The only laws that will get passed will strengthen the establishment

I'm not interested in passing any more of those laws.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 10:344 edits
    The only laws that will get passed will strengthen the establishment

I'm not interested in passing any more of those laws.
    We are almost at war with Russia and the BBC has as its leading item that there is some confrontation between a supermarket chain and its suppliers? Talk about out of touch with reality, someone for goodness sake put the BBC out of its state sponsored misery! Main stream media is wired to the moon and the Democratic party, its completely biased, has no basis in reality and is nothing short of a propaganda machine. My advice to you my friends, unplug yourselves. It has created a monster in Donald Trump, so controversial a figure that it boosted their ratings overnight and now its trying to kill him but the beast is too strong! A classic Frankenstein monster if ever there was one. Whodey is right, who cares if there is evidence that the DOJ and Clinton were colluding, who cares that Hillary made disparaging remarks about Catholics, or the mentally challenged, its all ok as long as you hate Donald Trump.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 12:052 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Interesting, Hillary rigged the DNC to win over Bernie and Obama lost the popular vote to Hillary last time around but still won the nomination.

So you apparently think the DNC is run by a bunch of Nazis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree