1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 09:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No, he won't. He lost the pledged delegates by too much to make that a possible option and he knows it. Bernie asked for a meeting with the President today; I wouldn't be shocked if that meeting is followed by a joint endorsement of Hillary.
    there is a difference between shouting that trump shouldn't be president and endorsing clinton. i do trust he will do the former whatever happens at the convention but why should he do the latter?

What about clinton deserves endorsing?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 09:54
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there is a difference between shouting that trump shouldn't be president and endorsing clinton. i do trust he will do the former whatever happens at the convention but why should he do the latter?

What about clinton deserves endorsing?
    (Shrug) Losing candidates endorse the party nominee except in extreme or unusual circumstances. Bernie will endorse Hillary at some point.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 10:00
    (Shrug) Losing candidates endorse the party nominee except in extreme or unusual circumstances. Bernie will endorse Hillary at some point.
    That's what every typical establishment candidate has done, yes. To get something in return from the winning team.

What about Bernie Sanders screams typical establishment candidate to you? Do you think he will say Clinton is a good idea just to get a secretary of agriculture job or whatever in clinton's administration?

At most, he will agree to repeat over and over how Trump is worse for the country than Clinton is because i don't think she will offer him the vice presidency (nor am i sure he would accept it)
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:41
    That's what every typical establishment candidate has done, yes. To get something in return from the winning team.

What about Bernie Sanders screams typical establishment candidate to you? Do you think he will say Clinton is a good idea just to get a secretary of agriculture job or whatever in clinton's administration?

At most, he will agree to repeat ...[text shortened]... because i don't think she will offer him the vice presidency (nor am i sure he would accept it)
    Bernie is a sitting Senator who caucuses with and gets committee assignments from the Senate Democrats. That makes him "establishment" enough to endorse that party's Presidential nominee.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:44
    Bernie is a sitting Senator who caucuses with and gets committee assignments from the Senate Democrats. That makes him "establishment" enough to endorse that party's Presidential nominee.
    "Bernie is a sitting Senator who caucuses with and gets committee assignments from the Senate Democrats."
    yes, they sometimes need him.

"That makes him "establishment" enough to endorse that party's Presidential nominee"
    no it doesn't. unless you think that by putting quotes around establishment makes it mean whatever you want it to mean.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:54
    "Bernie is a sitting Senator who caucuses with and gets committee assignments from the Senate Democrats."
    yes, they sometimes need him.

"That makes him "establishment" enough to endorse that party's Presidential nominee"
    no it doesn't. unless you think that by putting quotes around establishment makes it mean whatever you want it to mean.
    If we were talking face to face, I'd offer to wager a $100 that Bernie endorses Hillary.

Would you accept that bet?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 12:48
    If we were talking face to face, I'd offer to wager a $100 that Bernie endorses Hillary.

Would you accept that bet?
    no. i don't ever gamble unless i am certain i am going to win. i am not certain. i thought i made it clear.

my posts mention that sanders doesn't have a reason to support clinton. that supporting her outright without any reservation would be betraying his supporters. that it is more likely he will campaign to stop trump from becoming president which is different from saying that clinton should be president.

i don't think i ever said sanders will absolutely never support her. if i did, i misspoke and i retract.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 11:36
    no. i don't ever gamble unless i am certain i am going to win. i am not certain. i thought i made it clear.

my posts mention that sanders doesn't have a reason to support clinton. that supporting her outright without any reservation would be betraying his supporters. that it is more likely he will campaign to stop trump from becoming president which is d ...[text shortened]... think i ever said sanders will absolutely never support her. if i did, i misspoke and i retract.
    Bernie said today that he will do whatever it takes to keep Trump out of the White House.

That means endorsing Hillary at some point. He knows that his supporters should be urged to support Hillary over Trump. She needs Bernie's supporters. She knows it, he knows it.

And Bernie's supporters should know it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree