1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 18:54
    But at least they aren't fuggin mental. I'm crossing my fingers for Obama.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 19:10
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    Very informative. How long did it take you to research that?
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 19:35
    Well it's not a very good OP, but at least it's better than passing of lies, rumours and assorted half-truths as fact, so I'd say it's about average for posts on this site.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 20:00
    That's a pretty apt assessment, except that every once in a while by some miracle they do manage to pass something worthwhile. I think the health care reform, as lame as it is, will evolve into something much better. Kind of like Social Security.
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 20:07
    In the UK we struggle to get much positive news about Mitt and his republican friends.

Maybe our media is biased.

But 15% Tax rate on interest and capital gains is a vulgar thing to brag about. The way to get the economy going is to invest in projects which allow the middle class to get richer, this will boost their spending, which in turn will help entreprenuers.

Ironically, our economy would get a huge boost if America's was to grow more quickly. So it really does matter to us.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:00
    And squaddies the world over breathe a sigh of relief.

Now they only have to fight stupid wars, not ridiculous ones.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by invigorate
    In the UK we struggle to get much positive news about Mitt and his republican friends.

But 15% Tax rate on interest and capital gains is a vulgar thing to brag about. The way to get the economy going is to invest in projects which allow the middle class to get richer, this will boost their spending, which in turn will he ...[text shortened]... y would get a huge boost if America's was to grow more quickly. So it really does matter to us.
    Bingo.

The tax rates (including capital gains) are at their lowest rates since WW2. If lower tax rates really fueled job creation, we should be up to our collective asses in jobs. Greed always gets in the way. The separation of wealth between upper and middle classes in this country is the highest ever. That's not how to grow the economy.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:05
    Originally posted by invigorate

But 15% Tax rate on interest and capital gains is a vulgar thing to brag about. The way to get the economy going is to invest in projects which allow the middle class to get richer, this will boost their spending, which in turn will he ...[text shortened]... y would get a huge boost if America's was to grow more quickly. So it really does matter to us.
    That's right, your economy really soared during the Iraq business.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree