Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 05 Apr '16 14:35
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-god-failed-george-gilder-130625700.html

    The Fed is the god that failed. They system is 100% rigged, incapable of economic growth of any significance.
  2. 05 Apr '16 14:38
    Do you even have the slightest idea what the Fed does?
  3. 05 Apr '16 14:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Do you even have the slightest idea what the Fed does?
    We should audit them and find out.

    Oh, wait.....

    Can one audit a god?
  4. 05 Apr '16 14:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    We should audit them and find out.

    Oh, wait.....

    Can one audit a god?
    Only an "audit" could possibly reveal the intricate secrets of the secretive cult that is the Fed.
  5. 05 Apr '16 15:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Only an "audit" could possibly reveal the intricate secrets of the secretive cult that is the Fed.
    But who will audit them? Fellow god the IRS? Its rigged I tell ya!
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    05 Apr '16 15:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    We should audit them and find out.

    Oh, wait.....

    Can one audit a god?
    It would be inherently pointless to audit a God. They are infallible, so you'd be wasting your time.
  7. 05 Apr '16 16:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It would be inherently pointless to audit a God. They are infallible, so you'd be wasting your time.
    Gods are infallible only to worshipers. To others they are frauds.
  8. 05 Apr '16 16:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Do you even have the slightest idea what the Fed does?
    Funny, but for all time before 1913 the world managed without the Fed. Before that major banks like "the House of Morgan" managed things and probably did so with more honesty and lack of politics than has the FED.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    05 Apr '16 17:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Gods are infallible only to worshipers. To others they are frauds.
    No, a God is per definition (certainly of the Abrahamic God) infallible. Whether you believe in him or not.

    Sort of like a chair. Even though you might think it's a bridge to live under, it remains a thing to sit on.
  10. 05 Apr '16 17:18
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    No, a God is per definition (certainly of the Abrahamic God) infallible. Whether you believe in him or not.

    Sort of like a chair. Even though you might think it's a bridge to live under, it remains a thing to sit on.
    Oh, I thought bridges were to sit on, you know, when you"re looking at a river.
  11. 05 Apr '16 19:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Funny, but for all time before 1913 the world managed without the Fed. Before that major banks like "the House of Morgan" managed things and probably did so with more honesty and lack of politics than has the FED.
    For all time before the first hospital was built the world "managed" as well. Better to demolish all of them to be sure.
  12. 05 Apr '16 19:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    For all time before the first hospital was built the world "managed" as well. Better to demolish all of them to be sure.
    Not to mention the internet.


    In fact, I believe the FED managed without computers for quite some time, so maybe we should tell them to stop using computers. That will put a stop to all the problems.
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    05 Apr '16 20:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not to mention the internet.


    In fact, I believe the FED managed without computers for quite some time, so maybe we should tell them to stop using computers. That will put a stop to all the problems.
    What a great idea. Let's make the rich count their money by hand.

    That oughta keep them out of trouble for a while.
  14. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Apr '16 20:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What a great idea. Let's make the rich count their money by hand.

    That oughta keep them out of trouble for a while.
    You could put them in the hold of a giant container ship and fill it with rich people and their money and let them fight it out.....
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    06 Apr '16 00:46
    Juno would pass the audit perfectly.

    Jupiter would say "talk to my wife"

    Mercury and Vulcan would probably pass.

    Mars would kill the auditor

    Venus would get past the audit by seducing the auditor.

    Hades owns all the gold under the Earth. I wonder how that would get audited.