1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:02
    We are getting a lot back from the Feds in taxes. But zero back from CA? Stupid and last year we had to give more to CA. No wonder companies are leaving CA. Example Pepsi is leaving and going to Las Vegas.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    We are getting a lot back from the Feds in taxes. But zero back from CA? Stupid and last year we had to give more to CA. No wonder companies are leaving CA. Example Pepsi is leaving and going to Las Vegas.
    Getting back means you over-withheld.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:30
    Originally posted by JS357
    Getting back means you over-withheld.
    I doubt I would have given CA taxes to the exact penny? They would have to give me money back or I would have to give them more.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:32
    I doubt I would have given CA taxes to the exact penny? They would have to give me money back or I would have to give them more.
    How much over/under you withhold isn't going to drive businesses to or from CA.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 17:48
    There are more opportunities to declare deductions with federal taxes (mortgage interest, etc.) compared with state taxes. This is why it's more likely you'll get a "refund" from Uncle Sam.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 19:09
    California pays more to fund the Federal government than any other State. The USA costs California a lot of money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree