1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 May '13 15:191 edit
    Now that the IRS has publically admitted that they were targeting "right winged groups" for political reasons, who here is wary about them taking over our health care now?

I have to say, I'm shocked at such an admission, and it makes me uneasy. Why not just stand back and deny everything and accuse naysayers as extremist conspiracy theorists nutcases like what is normally done to cover things up?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 May '13 14:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now that the IRS has publically admitted that they were targeting "right winged groups" for political reasons, who here is wary about them taking over our health care now?

I have to say, I'm shocked at such an admission, and it makes me uneasy. Why not just stand back and deny everything and accuse naysayers as extremist conspiracy theorists nutcases like what is normally done to cover things up?
    The IRS has always been used to strong-arm people and companies to conform and intimidate. Fits right in with the healthcare plan as nobody would get involved with it otherwise. Zig Heil!!!!
  3. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '13 14:28
    Not sure what health care has to do with it, but I'm curious how the IRS incident will pan out. It could turn into a serious embarrassment for the Obama administration.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    15 May '13 20:15
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not sure what health care has to do with it, but I'm curious how the IRS incident will pan out. It could turn into a serious embarrassment for the Obama administration.
    The IRS enforces the Individual Mandate of Obamacare.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5000A
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 May '13 21:10
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    The IRS enforces the Individual Mandate of Obamacare.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5000A
    Only by withholding refunds; it cannot use liens or other enforcement measures. Thus, it is fairly easy to avoid the IRS doing anything; all you have to do is adjust your withholding.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '13 21:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Only by withholding refunds; it cannot use liens or other enforcement measures. Thus, it is fairly easy to avoid the IRS doing anything; all you have to do is adjust your withholding.
    Don't they have access to your health information as well? The IRS has already been shown to be a political weapon. Why then do we involve them in our health care? If memory serves, "W" audited the NAACP in his reign of terror as well.

Enough!!! 😠
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 May '13 21:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't they have access to your health information as well? The IRS has already been shown to be a political weapon. Why then do we involve them in our health care? If memory serves, "W" audited the NAACP in his reign of terror as well.

Enough!!! 😠
    No they don't have "access to your health information".

They are "not involved in health care" under the new law. They are involved in collecting a "tax" according to the SCOTUS or a "penalty" according to the law's authors.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '13 02:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No they don't have "access to your health information".

They are "not involved in health care" under the new law. They are involved in collecting a "tax" according to the SCOTUS or a "penalty" according to the law's authors.
    Nonetheless, they have the power to make our lives hell as seen in the recent scandal. Health care is yet another way to do so.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '13 03:112 edits
    Well it looks like Obama has just fired the Commissioner of the IRS, Steven Miller. He said this while humming the tune, "Go on, take the Money and Run", because ya know, he makes his liv'in off other peoples taxes.

No worries though Steven, even though you were made the scapgoat you won't see a minute of jail time.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '13 03:23
    I'm reading now that some conservative groups before the election report curtailing get-out-the-vote efforts, spending piles of money on legal fees or disbanding altogether in the face of IRS inquisitions.

Shrug. Not that it matters anyway sense we seem to live in a bannana republic two party system.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 May '13 04:54
    A little research would have helped you here. Kind of curious about statements you have made previously about Obamacare if you didn't know even this bit of common knowledge.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '13 18:59
    My, my. Not only are my fears understandable, they are coming to be.

Obama has recently appointed Sarah Hall Ingram as the Director of the IRS Affordable Care Act. She had served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations from 2009 to 2012 after multiple promotions and bonuses.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

Obama made Steven Miller the scapgoat, who would have left in another month or so anyway.

I think Obama is sending a message with this. It shows us that although he admits wrongdoing, he will continue it unabated and actually promote more of it.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '13 19:07
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    A little research would have helped you here. Kind of curious about statements you have made previously about Obamacare if you didn't know even this bit of common knowledge.
    I am well aware of the individual mandate, I just don't see what it has to do with the IRS auditing conservative non-profits.
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 May '13 00:27
    I am well aware of the individual mandate, I just don't see what it has to do with the IRS auditing conservative non-profits.
    The IRS is the strong arm. They will audit and make life hell for anyone that is a polital enemy of the NWO.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '13 04:482 edits
    I think that Harry Ried should be subpoenaed and asked how he knew Mitt Romney did not pay his taxes.

It is painfully obvious that the IRS was being used to help win an election. Not only was Mitt Romney put in bad light, but conservative groups were scrambling in the wake of trying to win an election and fending off the IRS at the same time. Some just gave up the ship altogether.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree