Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 Jul '10 17:56
    American patriots believe theft is ok. It makes me sick.
  2. 29 Jul '10 17:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Its funny because the more I am this forum, the more I feel liberals just want to steal through redistribution.
  3. 29 Jul '10 18:09 / 1 edit
    this is truly laughable. I can't recall any so-called american patriot actually saying or implying theft is ok. I believe the hyperbolic nature of your posts does undermine their coherence, you should take it easy with the melodrama.
  4. 29 Jul '10 18:42
    I (an American), have stolen no land. I do not believe in visiting "the sins of the fathers on to the sons". If you do, then we part ways and agree to disagree. Anything that happened before you and I were born are things beyond our scope; history cannot be changed or rectified. And no, there is no need to 'try to rectify past wrongs" by giving reparations, because the wronged individuals can't use it---they're all dead, dead, dead. American patriots do NOT think theft is "okay"; the Americans of Japanese descent during WW2, the breaking of countless treaties with Indians---these are not The U.S. of America's most shining moments. But you know what? Tough. We blew it, or rather, our forebearers blew it. We can either wallow in self-hatred and pity or we can say we'll try to do better in the future. I choose the latter. But I'm just one American, and we all count the same.

(as for Israel stealing land, or Palestinians getting the shaft, or any other countries that I can't see from my front yard, I am really UN-interested)
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 Jul '10 18:44
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I (an American), have stolen no land. I do not believe in visiting "the sins of the fathers on to the sons". If you do, then we part ways and agree to disagree. Anything that happened before you and I were born are things beyond our scope; history cannot be changed or rectified. And no, there is no need to 'try to rectify past wrongs" by giving reparat ...[text shortened]... any other countries that I can't see from my front yard, I am really UN-interested)
    do not believe in visiting "the sins of the fathers on to the sons"...Anything that happened before you and I were born are things beyond our scope

Cool, let's end inheritance laws. Let's start with a clean slate. What happened in the past has nothing to do with us including our parents' wealth.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 Jul '10 18:45 / 1 edit
    We can either wallow in self-hatred and pity or we can say we'll try to do better in the future.

No, you're neither wallowing in self-hatred and pity, nor are you trying to do better in the future. You're defending, in the present, those past thefts, and defending the passing on of those stolen goods through inheritance.

"Oh well, yeah this land was stolen, and it sucked and was wrong, but it's still MY LAND AND DON'T YOU DARE TAKE IT!!!! RIGHT TO PROPERTY TAKE MY GUN FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS ETC"
  7. 29 Jul '10 18:49
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I (an American), have stolen no land. I do not believe in visiting "the sins of the fathers on to the sons". If you do, then we part ways and agree to disagree. Anything that happened before you and I were born are things beyond our scope; history cannot be changed or rectified. And no, there is no need to 'try to rectify past wrongs" by giving reparat ...[text shortened]... any other countries that I can't see from my front yard, I am really UN-interested)
    I am impressed! Very well said! (again)
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 Jul '10 18:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I am impressed! Very well said! (again)
    The stolen goods can pass hands through inheritance but the sin of theft disappears? How convenient.

It's called "money laundering".
  9. 29 Jul '10 18:56
    The stolen goods can pass hands through inheritance but the sin of theft disappears? How convenient.

NO, it's called "Time marches on."
  10. 29 Jul '10 19:00
    [b] do not believe in visiting "the sins of the fathers on to the sons"...Anything that happened before you and I were born are things beyond our scope

Cool, let's end inheritance laws. Let's start with a clean slate. What happened in the past has nothing to do with us including our parents' wealth.[/b]
    like the guy said. wealth distribution.

something to look forward to when the job market's so bad.
  11. 29 Jul '10 19:06

Thats not "money laundering".You got to be the stupidest one I have run into yet on this site.You got bill718 and rwingett beat hands down! I did not think that was possible.
    Do you have any idea what "money laundering" is?
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Jul '10 19:23
    The stolen goods can pass hands through inheritance but the sin of theft disappears? How convenient. It's called "money laundering".
    That's an interesting way of putting it.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 Jul '10 19:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Thats not "money laundering".You got to be the stupidest one I have run into yet on this site.You got bill718 and rwingett beat hands down! I did not think that was possible.
    Do you have any idea what "money laundering" is?
    Yes, money laundering is when you find ways to hide the fact that your stolen goods are indeed stolen so that nobody can prove it. It's central to the Objectivist Cop Out.
  14. 29 Jul '10 19:47
    Yes, money laundering is when you find ways to hide the fact that your stolen goods are indeed stolen so that nobody can prove it.
    Do you realize how foolish you sound?
  15. 29 Jul '10 19:47
    Oh Jebus OK thousand what do you suggest?

How much boo-hoo-hooing will it take to make you happy?

Where do you get off claiming there's some kind of debt due to anyone because of their race?