1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 19:27
    The Orange oranguatan has an origin story problem. Birtherism takes on a whole new dimension!
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 01:01
    The word "orange" is rapidly becoming a pejorative term.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 01:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 04:54
    @kewpie said
    The word "orange" is rapidly becoming a pejorative term.
    Orange is the new "Orange"
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 05:02
    @kmax87 said
    The Orange oranguatan has an origin story problem. Birtherism takes on a whole new dimension!
    I just saw the clip.
    That is so weird.

I mean, even in the two years of mind-boggingly stupidity, constantly saying oranges is sooooo weird.

Banana.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 05:22
    @kmax87 said
    Orange is the new "Orange"
    Strange is the new normal.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 08:44
    @shavixmir said
    I just saw the clip.
    That is so weird.

I mean, even in the two years of mind-boggingly stupidity, constantly saying oranges is sooooo weird.

Banana.
    My mum started her slide into full blown Alzheimer's at around 75. She's still alive, but a shell of her former self. From her late sixties though, her conversations became broad brush strokes with all the minor details missing. "I'm going down the road to see the man" could mean a hundred things, and while my dad was alive he knew what she meant and the two of them struggled on together. When he passed on she had noone to fill in the blanks and I started getting calls like the police telling me she wouldn't stop for them even though they were behind her flashing their lights.(she had crossed lanes incorrectly) When she finally stopped for fuel, (2 km down the road) she had no idea they were trying to pull her over. Her response was "I thought you were after someone else officer".

I think Trump's mind is about to hit the slide. He talks in generalities. He seems genuinely pleased with himself, to learn of new things, (new to him at least) and the whole thing about having his mind made up by the last person left talking to him in the room, all classic signs that he's losing his grip.

Compare him with interviews he gave in the 90's and all the self deprecating humor and easy charm and banter with talk show hosts and interviewers is long gone. Now he is just a shell of his former self, lashing out punch drunk at his perceived enemies, with all that former charm congealed into an angry carapace of worn out sayings and constantly repeated tales.

It is sad actually. Very sad.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:18
    @kmax87 said
    My mum started her slide into full blown Alzheimer's at around 75. She's still alive, but a shell of her former self. From her late sixties though, her conversations became broad brush strokes with all the minor details missing. "I'm going down the road to see the man" could mean a hundred things, and while my dad was alive he knew what she meant and the two of them struggled ...[text shortened]... n angry carapace of worn out sayings and constantly repeated tales.

It is sad actually. Very sad.
    Sad, but also dangerous both for the US and for the world. For someone like that with the keys to the Nukes.......and that is just ONE scenario one can think of.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 21:53
    @kmax87 said
    The Orange oranguatan has an origin story problem.
    Ironic that the origin of the word orange comes from Arabic via Spanish. πŸ˜†

The Orangutans favourite people.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 02:302 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    Ironic that the origin of the word orange comes from Arabic via Spanish. πŸ˜†

The Orangutans favourite people.
    Strange, the word for orange in Spanish is naranja…

EDIT I get it now, nARANJA = ORANGE

EDITEDIT 'Orang' means 'man' in the local language where Orangutans live and it does not conjugate. I learned that in Korean class.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 03:47
    @athousandyoung said

EDITEDIT 'Orang' means 'man' in the local language where Orangutans live and it does not conjugate. I learned that in Korean class.
    A naranja easily becomes a naranga which becomes an aranga.
    Or something like that.

Before we (English) had oranges the colour orange was called saffron.
    Not a lot of people know that.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 10:08
    @kmax87 said
    Darwin done it.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 20:32
    @whodey said
    Darwin done it.
    You are SO clever.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 21:39
    @athousandyoung said

'Orang' in Indonesian and probably originally in Malay means 'man', 'hutan' means 'forest'. Orangutan therefore means 'Man of the forest'. The fact that they are a sort of orange colour has got nothing to do with it.
    Footnote; I've read that the average female orangutan is as strong as about 10 average (human) men, full - grown male orangutans...don't even go there.
    Another footnote; I've had several close encounters with orangutans, my favourite being; We were walking in the Borneo rain - forest, under a durian tree, (you know, those huge, heavy, spiky fruits), and durians began raining down on us faster than the speed of gravity. Up in the tree was a female orangutan throwing durians at us; she didn't want us have her durians. She missed, otherwise one of us might have been dead; we left hurriedly.
    Last footnote; Orangutans are endangered, and perhaps the saddest manifestation of the destruction of the far - eastern rain - forests. If you see one, look after it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree