Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 06:11
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Pie is ok as long as it isn't minced meat. Don't know why they call it that since I have never seen meat in it. It is just some weird tasting apple and raisin kind of thing.
    I think fish is for Christmas. Never tried it but I think I am supposed to have lutefisk.
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 06:15
    History demonstrates that it is.

We are seeing the beginnings of it today.
    *Insert rolling eyes*

It is not.
    Armies generally clash, the leaders of the losing party are generally killed or imprisoned and the rest of the population experience: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Infrastructure, food, etc. Has to continue, so most conquering forces leave this as intact as possible.

Obviously there are notable exceptions, but generally genocide does not happen.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 06:171 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Let the record show that Eladar apparently regards genocide as a normal part of building a nation.
    Let the record show that Eladar, myself, and many others here have grown weary of Duchess's white male bashing.

It may come as a minor shock to Duchess to learn the chess players on this site are not responsible for the actions of others that took place over a century ago. 😲
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 06:24
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    *Insert rolling eyes*

It is not.
    Armies generally clash, the leaders of the losing party are generally killed or imprisoned and the rest of the population experience: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Infrastructure, food, etc. Has to continue, so most conquering forces leave this as intact as possible.

Obviously there are notable exceptions, but generally genocide does not happen.
    If the war is between groups of the same general race and culture then I agree. As long as the indians accepted reservation life they were not wiped out for the most part. I am sure there were some evil people who trumped up stuff to claim land. That is typical too.

As for this war there were different races and different cultures. What the Indians ate and what the europeans ate were not the same. This is why the buffalo were nearly wiped out.

There was nothing unusual or evil in how the whites of the US created this country.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 07:04
    If the war is between groups of the same general race and culture then I agree. As long as the indians accepted reservation life they were not wiped out for the most part. I am sure there were some evil people who trumped up stuff to claim land. That is typical too.

As for this war there were different races and different cultures. What the Indians ate a ...[text shortened]... iped out.

There was nothing unusual or evil in how the whites of the US created this country.
    What a load of crap.
    Besides the fact that there are multiple examples of genocide not happening (even when there are significant culinaire differences), you can't seriously think that genocide is okay and that there was nothing historically wrong with what happened.

What door do you reckon that opens?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 07:12
    What a load of crap.
    Besides the fact that there are multiple examples of genocide not happening (even when there are significant culinaire differences), you can't seriously think that genocide is okay and that there was nothing historically wrong with what happened.

The same one that has always existed and will always exist: the victor defines history and you need to be able to defend yourself.

Libtard theology does not stop terrorists which is why the UK must arm its bobbies again.
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 07:24
    The same one that has always existed and will always exist: the victor defines history and you need to be able to defend yourself.

Libtard theology does not stop terrorists which is why the UK must arm its bobbies again.
    You are completely void of reality and consequences.

Hope you burn well.
    I've got my popcorn and cola at the ready!
    Let the show begin...
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 07:30
    You are completely void of reality and consequences.

Hope you burn well.
    I've got my popcorn and cola at the ready!
    Let the show begin...
    I am sure you went to bed knowing Hillary Clinton would be the next president. Just goes to show how in touch you are with reality.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 08:25
    I am sure you went to bed knowing Hillary Clinton would be the next president. Just goes to show how in touch you are with reality.
    My friend, I wanted Trump to win.

Just for different reasons than you.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    But was they males???
    Yes, white ones.

They be crackers that loved the nutty dip.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    Let the record show that Eladar, myself, and many others here have grown weary of Duchess's white male bashing.

It may come as a minor shock to Duchess to learn the chess players on this site are not responsible for the actions of others that took place over a century ago. 😲
    The racist troll Mchill has claimed (or at least implied) that white men are the most oppressed people in the USA.

In his zeal to deny historical facts, would the racist troll Mchill condemn the mentioning
    of the Nazi genocide of Jews, Roma, and others for inciting 'white German bashing'?

Would the racist troll Mchill demand the censorship of all historical facts (including genocide
    and slavery) that could put racist white men in a less favorable light than their lying propaganda?
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 18:22
    Originally posted by shavixmir to Eladar
    What a load of crap.

it's clear enough that Eladar (and some other right-wing white men here) approve or
    at least condone the genocide of at least some non-white or non-Western peoples.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 18:303 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPrhfPGEnlg

Watch it to find out how the Europeans killed off all the Indians.
    And yes, they were Europeans Duchess
    The genocide (1846-1873) of California's 'Indians' was carried out by Americans, not Europeans.

Does Whodey believe that other genocides by Europeans excuses genocide by Americans?
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 19:58
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday we have in the United States. It is inclusive, it involves giving thanks and is traditionally celebrated with food, friends and family and even watching sporting events. It is non-religious so you can feel comfortable wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and not have to couch it with an "if you celebrate it." Not really sure how or why anyone would criticize this day.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:10
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday we have in the United States. It is inclusive, it involves giving thanks and is traditionally celebrated with food, friends and family and even watching sporting events. It is non-religious so you can feel comfortable wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and not have to couch it with an "if you celebrate it." Not really sure how or why anyone would criticize this day.
    What do you mean? It was started by white men!

That's reason enough to demonize it.