1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 12:13
    The recent NY Times/CBS News poll.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/05/us/politics/05poll.html

Republicans in Congress shoulder more of the blame for the difficulties in reaching a debt-ceiling agreement than President Obama and the Democrats, the poll found. The Republicans compromised too little, a majority of those polled said. All told, 72 percent disapproved of the way Republicans in Congress handled the negotiations.

The public was more evenly divided about how Mr. Obama handled the debt ceiling negotiations: 47 percent disapproved and 46 percent approved.

The public’s opinion of the Tea Party movement has soured in the wake of the debt-ceiling debate. The Tea Party is now viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of the public and favorably by just 20 percent, according to the poll. And 43 percent of Americans now think the Tea Party has too much influence on the Republican Party, up from 27 percent in mid-April.

The president’s overall job approval rating remained relatively stable, with 48 percent approving of the way he handles his job as president and 47 percent disapproving — down from the bump up he received in the spring after the killing of Osama bin Laden, but in line with how he has been viewed for nearly a year. By contrast, Speaker John A. Boehner, an Ohio Republican, saw his disapproval rating shoot up 16 points since April: 57 percent of those polled now disapprove of the way he is handling his job, while only 30 percent approve.

Americans said that they trusted Mr. Obama to make the right decisions about the economy more than the Republicans in Congress, by 47 percent to 33 percent. They were evenly divided on the question of whether he showed “strong qualities of leadership” during the negotiations, with 49 percent saying he did and 48 percent saying he did not. And they were still more likely to blame President George W. Bush for the bulk of the nation’s deficit: 44 percent said that the deficit was mostly caused by the Bush administration, 15 percent said it was mostly caused by the Obama administration and 15 percent blamed Congress.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 15:44
    Those numbers will probably be aggravated by today's Bernanke speech.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 06:17
    2012 will tell, don't get your hopes up...
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 06:21
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Oh, there are a lot of nutty voters out there, but I think in 2012, most Americans will come to their senses.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 23:04
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Oh, there are a lot of nutty voters out there, but I think in 2012, most Americans will come to their senses.
    Yes I'm sure most of them will have devloped many new recipes for cat and dog food by then, and Obama will claim he actually helped solve our obesity problem...
    bark like a dog,,:-)
    I don't see anything changing, Florida polls tell a differnt story than this head line lie..
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:14
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Do opinion polls only count when they support your views?
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 01:36
    Originally posted by moon1969
    The recent NY Times/CBS News poll.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/05/us/politics/05poll.html

Republicans in Congress shoulder more of the blame for the difficulties in reaching a debt-ceiling agreement than President Obama and the Democrats, the poll found. The Republicans compromised too little, a majority of those polled said. All told, 72 percent ...[text shortened]... 15 percent said it was mostly caused by the Obama administration and 15 percent blamed Congress.
    The best part is that the TEA-Party GOP front-runners will continue to cater predominantly to other TEA-Party activists despite the fact that those positions will continue to require them to move further and further away from the mainstream. Good luck winning the general!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree