Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23143
    23 Aug '15 17:45
    http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

    The article above exposes details regarding how Trump became a man of wealth. He got there because he was born with a very large silver spoon and, like all who have been successful in the U.S., government sponsored/supported programs like education, infrastructure and the rules and regulations that keep our food, drugs and devices safe enabled him to grow his business and be personally safe. All this B.S. conservatives spout about the government getting in their way is ridiculous. Trusting that the private sector operates in the best interest of the countries citizens is ridiculous.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Aug '15 18:11
    Originally posted by Phranny
    http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

    The article above exposes details regarding how Trump became a man of wealth. He got there because he was born with a very large silver spoon and, like all who have been successful in the U.S., ...[text shortened]... g that the private sector operates in the best interest of the countries citizens is ridiculous.
    Trusting the politicians ( who do the bidding of the donor class) to act any differently than the private sector is idiotic.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Aug '15 19:43
    Originally posted by Phranny
    http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

    The article above exposes details regarding how Trump became a man of wealth. He got there because he was born with a very large silver spoon and, like all who have been successful in the U.S., ...[text shortened]... g that the private sector operates in the best interest of the countries citizens is ridiculous.
    One of the things I like about Trump is that he does not pretend to cry poor mouth, like Hillary. He actually embraces his wealth and is proud of who he is. There is no apologizing for it.

    Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23143
    23 Aug '15 20:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    One of the things I like about Trump is that he does not pretend to cry poor mouth, like Hillary. He actually embraces his wealth and is proud of who he is. There is no apologizing for it.

    Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?
    "Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?" I would prefer to join others and work towards fixing that which is broken. I feel Bernie Sanders is a good choice.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Aug '15 21:00
    Originally posted by Phranny
    "Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?" I would prefer to join others and work towards fixing that which is broken. I feel Bernie Sanders is a good choice.
    I bet you thought Obama was just as good a choice before he got elected.
  6. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Joined
    19 May '05
    Moves
    142767
    24 Aug '15 18:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I bet you thought Obama was just as good a choice before he got elected.
    Obama has done an awesome job as President despite all the opposition from the right-wing. He has not been perfect, that's for sure. However, he has done much more good than any conservative republican could have ever even thought of doing.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    24 Aug '15 18:08
    Originally posted by Phranny
    "Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?" I would prefer to join others and work towards fixing that which is broken. I feel Bernie Sanders is a good choice.
    So for the first time in world history you will change how things work?

    Good luck with that. 😵
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    24 Aug '15 18:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    So for the first time in world history you will change how things work?

    Good luck with that. 😵
    What a remarkably stupid post.

    "How things work" has been changed many times in world history.
  9. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Joined
    19 May '05
    Moves
    142767
    24 Aug '15 18:553 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    So for the first time in world history you will change how things work?

    Good luck with that. 😵
    From 1857 to 1885, six of our seven Presidents had less than a million dollars to their name and came from fairly modest income levels. Far from the first time in world history, as you say. We have also had 5 Presidents since then that did not have a million dollars to their name. The last being Harry S Truman 1945-1953.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23143
    24 Aug '15 19:45
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Obama has done an awesome job as President despite all the opposition from the right-wing. He has not been perfect, that's for sure. However, he has done much more good than any conservative republican could have ever even thought of doing.
    Obama has been a great President. No, he has not been perfect. Our economy is stronger. More people have health insurance. The world is a safer place. His election improved our tainted world image.

    The following describes his accomplishments along with citations. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/a-long-list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with-citations/
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13035
    24 Aug '15 20:33
    Originally posted by Phranny
    "Face it, in order to become President you either must be filthy rich or sell out to those who are. Which do you prefer?" I would prefer to join others and work towards fixing that which is broken. I feel Bernie Sanders is a good choice.
    If I was a liberal left-wing socialist Democrat, I would vote for Bernie Sanders myself. However, I am a conservative right-wing capitalist Republican. 😏
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    26 Aug '15 20:52
    Originally posted by Phranny to KingDavid403
    Obama has been a great President. No, he has not been perfect. Our economy is stronger. More people have health insurance. The world is a safer place. His election improved our tainted world image.

    The following describes his accomplishments along with citations. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/a-long-list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with-citations/
    "Obama has been a great President."
    --Phranny

    A 'great President'? If you grade on a curve, then must every President be above average? (sarcasm)
    There have been 44 US Presidents, and I would submit that only a few should be considered 'great'.
    I doubt that any future historian will rank Obama with Washington, Lincoln, or FDR.

    "More people have health insurance."
    --Phranny

    But many Americans still cannot afford it, and how hard did President Obama fight for
    every American to have health insurance? Not hard enough, many progressives believe.

    "The world is a safer place."
    --Phranny

    Safer for whom? Is there evidence that war is less likely to break out in 2015 than in 2008?

    "His election has improved out tainted world image."
    --Phranny

    It depends. Cornel West, a liberal African-American academic, regards Obama as a 'war criminal'.
    The USA's recent agreements with Cuba and Iran may have convinced most Cubans and
    Iranians that the US government's not always fanatically hostile toward their countries.
    But President Obama has practically endorsed a military coup d'état that overthrew a
    democratically elected government in Egypt. And the USA keeps doing practically nothing
    to curtail Israel's oppression of the Palestinians. So the USA's still perceived as being
    far from any principled champion of democracy or human rights in the Middle East.
    And nearly all Russians have a low opinion of the US government and President Obama.

    I reject the popular right-wing American demonization (partly motivated by racism) of Barack Obama.
    But I also refuse to view Obama through rose-coloured glasses. His Nobel Peace Prize was undeserved.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    26 Aug '15 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a remarkably stupid post.

    "How things work" has been changed many times in world history.
    Really? When?

    The US was founded because it had rich educated aristocrats to start the country.

    If it were not for them, the US would still be under the royal crown
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    26 Aug '15 22:012 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really? When?

    The US was founded because it had rich educated aristocrats to start the country.

    If it were not for them, the US would still be under the royal crown
    You're a clown with an abysmal ignorance of history and virtually everything else.

    " it was the Revolution, more than any other single event, that made America into the most liberal, democratic, and modern nation in the world."

    Gordon S. Wood, The Radicalism of the American Revolution, p. 7.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    26 Aug '15 22:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're a clown.
    Give an example or zip it.
Back to Top