1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:161 edit
    Not saying it will...but they're off to a decent start. Thankfully it will never pass.

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 14, 2013, 9:52 AM

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. They will have 90 days to turn in their guns if the legislation is passed.

Dana Loesch Radio reported on the new legislation being pushed by Missouri Democrats:

Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution.

Here’s part of the Democratic proposal in Missouri:

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:38
    Just goes to show that there's nothing you can have that the government can't take from you.

I suppose that's what the 2nd amendment is all about.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:452 edits
    Progressives have two choices here. They can either amend the Constituion out of existence, or they can continue to "interpret" it out of existence. It becomes increasingly hard to do the later though when the Constitution seems so specific about the right to bear arms. For the first time since Wilson they may attempt to amend it once again.

Perhaps this is related to the GOP destroying itself. Progressives within the GOP may sacrifice the GOP so as to make sure there is no opposition to amending the Constitution.
  4. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 21:59
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Not saying it will...but they're off to a decent start. Thankfully it will never pass.

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn l ...[text shortened]... chase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
    I think Lexus's should be confiscated as well. Nothing more irritating than somebody showing off his wealth. I mean who do they think they are? They are no better than the rest of us! Arrogant bastards.

And private jets -- really! What's wrong with commercial airlines? And by the way -- business class -- bull crap. What's wrong with economy? Just want to prove you are better? Get rid of it. There will be more seats for everyone and the price will go down. And if it doesn't go down -- FORCE it down. Cap the price of a ticket at $1000 -- that's plenty to pay to go anywhere in the world.

Who need's silk shirts, by the way, when some people don't have enough to eat? I wonder. Ban 'em.

And alcohol -- let's do what we do for Mucinex D. Anytime anybody buys some booze, we'll note down their driver's license # in a government registry. That way, we'll know who the drinker's are. I don't know what we will do with the information, but I'm sure we will find uses for it over time.

That and video games -- what a frickin' waste of time. Kids can read books at the public libraries -- what do you think they are there for? It's a whole lot better for them, and adults, too. So a ban on video games I think is entirely appropriate.

There is no way anybody should own anything that WE find irritating.

I could go on, but why bother since I'm sure Obama will -- all in the name of taking away our liberty to do what we want. Because that's why we voted him in, wasn't it? To restrict freedom?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:26
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    I think Lexus's should be confiscated as well. Nothing more irritating than somebody showing off his wealth. I mean who do they think they are? They are no better than the rest of us! Arrogant bastards.

And private jets -- really! What's wrong with commercial airlines? And by the way -- business class -- bull crap. What's wrong with economy? Just wan ...[text shortened]... we want. Because that's why we voted him in, wasn't it? To restrict freedom?
    I have not looked but I'm sure more people have died while driving than shot.
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Republicans control 65% of the Senate and 76% of the House. In the military it would be called a harassment exercise.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 07:56
    How can you be law-abiding while breaking the law?
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 13:40

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn law-abiding firearm ...[text shortened]... chase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
    How do they define assault weapon?
  9. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 16:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    Any car with a top speed of over 40 miles per hour should be banned. Someone might get killed. Only police and firefighters have a need for higher speed vehicles, so they should be the only ones to have them.

This would save a lot more lives than banning high-capacity magazines and assault rifles, so if the only rationale is saving lives -- we should ban the things that will save the MOST lives. Alchohol, cigarettes, high speed cars made out of something other than plastic. Assault rifles are so far down the list -- we may not end up banning them until the next century.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How can you be law-abiding while breaking the law?
    That might be worded "otherwise law abiding" when referring to disobedience to a law determined to be vile and unconstitutional, or in conflict with natural rights.

That's what our revolutions was about.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:28
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Any car with a top speed of over 40 miles per hour should be banned. Someone might get killed. Only police and firefighters have a need for higher speed vehicles, so they should be the only ones to have them.

This would save a lot more lives than banning high-capacity magazines and assault rifles, so if the only rationale is saving lives -- we should ...[text shortened]... ssault rifles are so far down the list -- we may not end up banning them until the next century.
    I read recently that 2% of killings are by rifles, and semi auto rifles with large magazines are a subset of that group, so presumably less than the 2% number.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 19:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    Loosely, and incorrectly.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:591 edit

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn law-abiding firearm ...[text shortened]... chase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
    Does it only apply to assault weapons and such type magazines?

So you can still only say.....a Glock 17? A Colt M 1911 A1? A Beretta 92?
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 21:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    If it looks like something they may have used in vietnam.
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 21:17
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    If it looks like something they may have used in vietnam.
    I could assault you with a pork chop.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree