1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 16:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The pinnacle of a thousand years of evolution? That would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.
    Don't mean to frighten but I agree with your comments more than anyone else on this site....by far.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 16:11
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The richest 400 Americans have a greater combined wealth than the bottom 50% of the country. Depending on what statistics you use, the top 400 Americans have a net worth of $1.27 trillion compared to a net worth of $1.22 trillion for the bottom 155 million Americans. Does anyone really think that 400 individuals having roughly the same net worth as the bott ...[text shortened]... consin/statements/2011/mar/10/michael-moore/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/
    ...and they need greater tax breaks too!😀
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 22:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not my words, but pertinent I think:

"Man is the only real enemy we have. Remove Man from the scene, and the root cause of hunger and overwork is abolished for ever. Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits."
    Humans can run long enough to catch larger game. Without technology, we're persistance hunters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 00:29
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Don't mean to frighten but I agree with your comments more than anyone else on this site....by far.
    It's good to see that someone on this site has some good sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree