1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 01:46
    Get your life preserver while you still can.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 01:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    I am in Indonesia. Is the ship sinking here, do you think?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 01:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am in Indonesia. Is the ship sinking here, do you think?
    That depends on how one defines 'ship'.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 01:59
    That depends on how one defines 'ship'.
    Well it's your thread and your topic wording so it's up to you. If you're a whinging pessimist or dreary self-regarding misanthrope, perhaps Indonesia is not the place for you, regardless of your definition of "ship".
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well it's your thread and your topic wording so it's up to you. If you're a whinging pessimist or dreary self-regarding misanthrope, perhaps Indonesia is not the place for you, regardless of your definition of "ship".
    Are you an immigration official?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 02:201 edit
    Are you an immigration official?
    No. But I don't think much of the fatalistic mewling of cynics and I don't think you and your negativity have much to offer to countries or cultures in the process of change and development, including - maybe - your own, never mind one like where I live - with all its profound problems and exciting possibilities and all. But perhaps I have got you wrong. I am in Indonesia. Is the ship sinking here, do you think?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 03:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. But I don't think much of the fatalistic mewling of cynics and don't think you and your negativity have much to offer to countries or cultures in the process change and development, including - maybe - your own, never mind one like where I live - with all its profound problems and exciting possibilities and all. But perhaps I have got you wrong. I am in Indonesia. Is the ship sinking here, do you think?
    Again, it depends on how one defines 'ship'. If Indonesia is on the ship, then it must be sinking too.

"But I don't think much of the fatalistic mewling of cynics and don't think you and your negativity have much to offer..."

It's been said that we are what we think. Maybe we are what we feel as well.
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 03:12
    Again, it depends on how one defines 'ship'. If Indonesia is on the ship, then it must be sinking too.

[b]"But I don't think much of the fatalistic mewling of cynics and don't think you and your negativity have much to offer..."

It's been said that we are what we think. Maybe we are what we feel as well.[/b]
    If I might speak on FMF's behalf, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you: what do you mean by "ship" and by "sinking"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 03:13
    Well it's your thread and your choice of the word 'ship', so it's up to you. Declining to explain what you mean by it doesn't make for a very interesting discussion. Just saying.
  10. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 16:361 edit
    Indonesia isn't buoyant. Even if water levels are rising, it's not sinking.
    Maybe we should send this thread to science or spirituality, given there's no debate here.
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 23:16
    Haruki Murakami novels are like this thread.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 01:16
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Haruki Murakami novels are like this thread.
    Haruki Murakami is sinking.....
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 01:17
    I think you will find most think they can cope just fine on their own. In fact, they probably champion the forces that are causing the sinking.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 04:46
    Didn't it sink in January already?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 23:44
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Didn't it sink in January already?
    Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree