Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    23 Jan '17 12:31
    Trump-Putin-Netanyahu

google the combinations, check out the body language in the images.....

War in Iraq is coming. Trump wants the oil. His friends will help him.
  2. 23 Jan '17 13:21
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Trump-Putin-Netanyahu

So when does Trump win his Nobel Peace prize before starting another war?
  3. 23 Jan '17 13:36
    Trump-Putin-Netanyahu

I'd prefer to see war in Iran.
  4. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    23 Jan '17 14:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That will come too. BUSH-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Rice and the New American Century just got put on hold for 8 years. Now with the 3 Amigos, its time to get the old band back together and get the show back on the road. Lets see how they manage and hopefully not trigger WW3.
  5. 23 Jan '17 16:57
    That will come too. BUSH-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Rice and the New American Century just got put on hold for 8 years. Now with the 3 Amigos, its time to get the old band back together and get the show back on the road. Lets see how they manage and hopefully not trigger WW3.
    If Trump is really seeking an alliance with Putin's Russia, there won't be war with Iran, a key Russian ally.
  6. 23 Jan '17 17:00
    The GOP will probably be hungry for another war soon to distract from the coming recession. Iran seems like a likely target. It would be interesting to see whether Russia will release any kompromat to prevent their ally from being attacked.
  7. 23 Jan '17 17:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I am curious as to why. What do you have against Iran?
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Jan '17 18:02
    Trump-Putin-Netanyahu

Iran you mean.

And that is going to end in European bloodshed.

It's not a good scenario.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    23 Jan '17 18:24
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Iran you mean.

I don't think the dynamic trio cares how much Euro blood is spilled as long as they get the military contracts.
  10. 23 Jan '17 20:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am curious as to why. What do you have against Iran?
    Two reasons....

Carter

Iran continues to spread fighting in the region. There can be no peace in the Middle East as long as Israel exists or as long as Iran's government exists.
  11. 23 Jan '17 21:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Teinosuke to Kmax87
    If Trump is really seeking an alliance with Putin's Russia, there won't be war with Iran, a key Russian ally.
    This is not meant as a criticism of Teinosuke (whom I regard as one of the most educated
    and generally thoughtful writers at RHP), but the superficial (at best) level of geopolitical
    analysis here shows a lack of experience in studying history or international relations.

"Iran, a key Russian ally."
    --Teinosuke

It seems premature to be certain of that conclusion. It could play out that way but perhaps not.
    While it's true that Russia and Iran are both allies of Assad in Syria's civil war, it remains
    to be seen how far their convergence of perceived interests will extend elsewhere.

First of all, please don't exaggerate the closeness between Russia and Iran.
    Given that both Russia and Iran face economic sanctions from the West, they naturally
    have turned to each other as trading partners. But I know of no evidence that Russia
    has yet been supplying Iran with advanced weapons. In fact, in 2010 Russia cancelled
    an Iranian order for arms (including the S-300 SAMs, which Iran wanted to deter air strikes
    by the USA or Israel). Iran then went to a Swiss court about Russia's 'breach of contract'.
    It was not until 2016 that Russia agreed to deliver (eventually) the S-300 SAMs to Iran.
    Iran's arsenal remains largely based upon American arms inherited from the Shah's regime.

Although the overwhelming majority of Russians (according to a survey) have a favourable
    view of Iran, Russia's leaders have been divided about whether to develop a real alliance
    with Iran (which inevitably would worsen Russia's relations with the USA) or just to use
    Russia's relationship with Iran as a bargaining chip to get concessions from the USA.
    Putin might well be ready to sell out Iran if US President Trump can offer Russia the right deal.
    If I were advising the Islamic Republic of Iran's leaders, then I would say that they would
    be foolhardy to assume that Russia must be a completely reliable ally.

Teinosuke may be right in assuming that nothing that US President Trump could offer
    Putin would be enough to convince him that Russia would benefit from the USA invading
    Iran and attempting to install a US puppet regime in Iran.

'Every day is Ashura and every place is Karbala!'
  12. 23 Jan '17 21:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The GOP will probably be hungry for another war soon to distract from the coming recession. Iran seems like a likely target. It would be interesting to see whether Russia will release any kompromat to prevent their ally from being attacked.
    Go to Middle East. Check

Take all oil. Check.

No recession. Check.

Brilliant!
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    24 Jan '17 00:17
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Iran you mean.

Iran will not be the stated objective at first, but in the long run I think you are on the money. The call to clean up ISIS will probably lead to a call by Trump to go and flush out their bases and support in Iraq and take over the oil that supports them, which will probably expand into an attempt to control all the oil of Persia.

The point is Trump will get a lot of support to go into Iraq to accomplish the stated objective of destroying ISIS.
  14. 24 Jan '17 00:46
    Trump just tweeted that unless he gets a Nobel Peace Prize he won't invade Iraq!