1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 08:50
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Are they implying the character as played was somehow racist?

Not sure what the big deal is here.

PC does go too far at times. Nobody would deny that. Not even libs like me.
    I think you are making a mountain out of a taco.
    he took one line from the article, ONE, literally one man's opinion and he is talking it up as if there is an entire movement behind it.

He is trying to paint an entire group of people (liberals) after what the most vocal and insane of them do online, who, like Reza Aslan (who i didn't know was involved) said, haven't even watched the show.

But they may have a point, i should also judge every american identifying as a republican by the actions of the nutcases storming the Capitol on the 6th of january, right?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 09:05
    Concerns were raised about the show, we don't know how severe the backlash was because all we have is this clickbait article. All we know was that "Twitter was ablaze", which i don't give a fuk about except to point out that usually when the social liberals go nuts on twitter is just over some PC nonsense but when the right goes nuts over twitter it's full on racism and death threats and storming the Capitol.

Reza Aslan is executive producer, he has 4 afghan writers , there are 4 more afghan characters on the show played by actual afghans. He has asked people not to judge the show by the trailer and watch the show (or not).

Calm your pecs.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 09:592 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Today's PC-Conniption moment is most compelling, as it really leaves one wondering, 'is there anything that the PC-ers don't like'?

On April 1 of this year, the TV show, The United States of Al, debuts. Here's the gist of it.[i]
    The show is framed as a warm-hearted comedy about the friendship between a Marine combat veteran (Parker Young) struggling to readjust to ...[text shortened]... to care!

Look at the progress American Progressives an PC people have given us since then 🙄 🤔
    People flipped out when Idris Elba, a black man, was chosen for the role James Bond. After receiving many offensive comments, Elba rejected the role.

A black actress on the "Hunger Games" received a racist Twitter backlash for playing a character they through should've been white.

A black man was chosen to be Santa at Mall of America, and the comment sections of articles that reported it were flooded with angry responses.

People flip out when when characters aren't played by actors with the same race, Sometimes it's for PC reasons, other times it's for racist reasons.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 10:09
    @vivify said
    People flipped out when Idris Elba, a black man, was chosen for the role James Bond. After receiving many offensive comments, Elba rejected the role.

A black actress on the "Hunger Games" received a racist Twitter backlash for playing a character they through should've been white.

A black man was chosen to be Santa at Mall of America, and the comment sections of article ...[text shortened]... ayed by actors with the same race, Sometimes is for PC reasons, other times it's for racist reasons.
    Idris Elba would've made a fantastic Bond.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 10:541 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 11:22
    you are all kind of missing the point here.

The United States of Al and who plays whom on it isn't important.

The issue is that Earl is being a hypocrite again and tries to throw a problem old as human history into the lap of just one group, a group he happens to be in opposition of.

Can we stop this thread until we have actually seen that sitcom and until then just ignore the hypocrite ?
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 11:48
    @Zahlanzi -
    The issue is that Earl is being a hypocrite

lol 😆 😆 😆 😆 😛 😛

I'm not being a hypocrite, you're being an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree