1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:15
    Tam - I'm in a special foreclosure prevention program through my county. If my SSDI doesn't come through by August, hopefully, we'll be able to get the sheriff's sale postponed again (it was previously scheduled for May 3rd). My mortgage company has asked me if I'm interested in a short sale, but right now, with my kids in school and a new baby due in November, I'm just not ready to go over that with them. However, it may be what I need to do. I'm still trying to save our home. That way we have time to make repairs and sell it full value.

Thanks, Laurie. I'm ready for some good fortune to come my way, so anyone else who wants to throw me some good vibes, I'll take 'em.

A post from the MS forum,,,,, a post, as in ONE post.... there are many. How much longer before Obama's plans help anyone out? When will anyone throw her some good vibes?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:25
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Tam - I'm in a special foreclosure prevention program through my county. If my SSDI doesn't come through by August, hopefully, we'll be able to get the sheriff's sale postponed again (it was previously scheduled for May 3rd). My mortgage company has asked me if I'm interested in a short sale, but right now, with my kids in school and a new baby due in N ...[text shortened]... ger before Obama's plans help anyone out? When will anyone throw her some good vibes?
    is she in the Washington D.C. special housing zone?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:29
    Check with your local MS Society chapter to see if they can assist you with payments for a month - also check with Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) as they may be able to provide some financial assistance as well. the only other thing i can suggest is to go to your local county and apply for emergency assistance. you have a child, that helps in getting assistance. Good luck - I know how you feel - I was just denied my SSDI (second time denied - first time denied with a Social security rep assisting me with the filing.) If i do not get the appeal paperwork from her soon - i will be terminating her and going with someone else for the appeal.

And the list goes on and on......more than anyone knows... So am I real thrilled about the Health care Bill that just passed,, hell no.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:31
    This waiting game with S.S.D.I. is going to be Obama's grim legacy. Before Obama there was no health rationing, Granny didn't die, and there was no waiting game with S.S.D.I.

Is that how it works?
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:32
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    is she in the Washington D.C. special housing zone?
    No,,,, :-(

These are just posts from the patients like me web site,, under MS.
    I haven't even looked at the other chronic diseases.... Crohns, fibermyalgia, etc.
    But I have yet to see anyone who was saved by the new Health care Bill... I'll turn over more rocks,, and will report good as well..
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:32
    So am I real thrilled about the Health care Bill that just passed,, hell no.
    So how was it with MS back in the pre-Obama day?
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This waiting game with S.S.D.I. is going to be Obama's grim legacy. Before Obama there was no health rationing, Granny [b]didn't die, and there was no waiting game with S.S.D.I.

Is that how it works?[/b]
    You are of much comfort,, I'll copy and paste your reply for her at the patientslikemesite......think she'll give a dam??

where's this trillion dollar health care help?? Anyone??
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:34
    These are just posts from the patients like me web site,, under MS.
    I haven't even looked at the other chronic diseases.... Crohns, fibermyalgia, etc.
    But I have yet to see anyone who was saved by the new Health care Bill... I'll turn over more rocks,, and will report good as well..
    How can you call them "chronic diseases" if they only started a few weeks ago when the reform was passed?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:36
    You are of much comfort,, I'll copy and paste your reply for her at the patientslikemesite......think she'll give a dam??
    I hope your blaming Obama gives her comfort.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    How can you call them "chronic diseases" if they only started a few weeks ago when the reform was passed?
    does that even make sense... I wonder if anyone really had their hopes up,,,?
    Nothing will help them,, for 4 years,, how many will already be dead, or wish they were?
    Did the plan help.... no
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So how was it with MS back in the pre-Obama day?
    same, same,,, he offered hope and failed to deliver.
    One is not what one says he is, but what one demostrates himself to be,,, he's a talker, not a doer..... now everyone is waiting on pins and needles to see what cuts are made to their medicare... any bets?
    of course that is just my opinion, and maybe a few hundred thousand more...
    stay tuned for your response
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:42
    does that even make sense... I wonder if anyone really had their hopes up,,,?
    Nothing will help them,, for 4 years,, how many will already be dead, or wish they were?
    Did the plan help.... no
    A little self-respect dignity might help, Hugh. Your Jerry Springer approach hardly constitutes a genuine contribution to a serious debate. Reminds me of when whodey dug up one story of an American woman who had a medical problem when on holiday in Germany and thus whodey declared that health care didn't work in Europe.
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 00:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    A little self-respect dignity might help, Hugh. Your Jerry Springer approach hardly constitutes a genuine contribution to a serious debate. Reminds me of when whodey dug up one story of an American woman who had a medical problem when on holiday in Germany and thus whodey declared that health care didn't work in Europe.
    Oh come now,, Jerry?
    I am making out just fine, even with two girls in College. I didn't over reach on a home, and I had long term disability.....
    No, I didn't take a bail-out, self respect ya say....?
    I asked you to check out that site,, and you plodded down some other path, perhaps thinking I was wrong,,or you just don't really care, After all, you are an Irishman, not American, yet you still feel the need to bolster opinion on Obamas health care plan, holding to a hope, that really has no effect for you or yours.
    I say, there are very few people that hold any kind of hope for that plan,, now be smart and dummy up.. these people can think, and write, maybe we'll bring some forward to debate with you, you're special ya know.. :-) say what a brilliant idea, get the people that actually know on here now..yes indeed.

self respect and dignity on the way Sir...
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 May '10 16:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Above the Fray does fit you well.
    You know little of what you claim to know, just as I said, wading in with you, is like expecting three ply toilet paper in restroom at a dept store... won't happen, you are single ply, always will be.
    trying to disguise your lack of knowledge with words you take from your refridgerator magnets, hasn't worked well... tell the kids to add context to your sentences?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree