1. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 05:49
    So the WHO is paying some independent people to investigate it's handling of covid. No issue here . Next time I lie I will pay someone to investigate me.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/07/former-prime-minister-helen-clark-to-lead-world-health-organization-review-of-how-world-handled-covid-19.html
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 06:22
    @gareth-cobb said
    So the WHO is paying some independent people to investigate it's handling of covid. No issue here . Next time I lie I will pay someone to investigate me.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/07/former-prime-minister-helen-clark-to-lead-world-health-organization-review-of-how-world-handled-covid-19.html
    Better than the USA handled it, that's for damned sure.
  3. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 06:38
    @suzianne said
    Better than the USA handled it, that's for damned sure.
    Like telling Trump not to close the border 😵
  4. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 07:211 edit
    @gareth-cobb said
    External audits and/or reviews are quite commonplace in both government and industry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_auditor

Glad to have informed you on this matter.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 11:12
    @kazetnagorra said
    External audits and/or reviews are quite commonplace in both government and industry.

Internal auditting is also very common.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 12:482 edits
    @kazetnagorra said

But its not a completely independent investigation. That needs to be completed by a third party not receiving financial compensation from the auditee. In short, if something was uncovered that was going to destroy the already dismal credibility of the WHO, it will never see the light of day. This is just PR damage control.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 13:27
    @gareth-cobb said
    It's all about the money and when Tedros, who was on the take from China,
    realized that Big Donor to WHO, the USA, was withdrawing membership
    and dues, he must have crapped himself LOL

Just say NO to WHO
  8. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 13:32
    @joe-shmo said
    But its not a completely independent investigation. That needs to be completed by a third party not receiving financial compensation from the auditee. In short, if something was uncovered that was going to destroy the already dismal credibility of the WHO, it will never see the light of day. This is just PR damage control.
    Who should pay for it?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 14:522 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    Who should pay for it?
    I imagine the governments that fund them have two options. Pay for an independent investigation, or, if the juice isn't worth the squeeze, just withdrawal funding.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:00
    @joe-shmo said
    I imagine the governments that fund them have two options. Pay for an independent investigation, or, if the juice isn't worth the squeeze, just withdrawal funding.
    I see. So instead of those who fund the WHO paying for it, it should be those who fund the WHO?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 16:073 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    I see. So instead of those who fund the WHO paying for it, it should be those who fund the WHO?
    Word games?

Once the WHO has acquired funding, the funding for an "external audit" of the WHO itself is provided by the WHO itself, not those who funded the WHO.

If the WHO is party A, The "External Auditors" party B, And The Governments that Fund the WHO party C.

The investigation contracts and deliverables are between party A and party B in this circumstance. For impartiality and full disclosure the contracts and deliverables for the investigation of party A need to be between party C and party B.
  12. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:25
    @kazetnagorra said
    Who should pay for it?
    Hold your breath I am tring to think of someone everyone trusts
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 18:57
    @gareth-cobb said
    Like telling Trump not to close the border 😵
    Like ignoring the problem until it was obvious it was already here. You don't shut the barn door after the horse is out.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 19:00
    @joe-shmo said
    You mean it should be someone getting financial compensation from the corrupt administration? Of course you do.

And they'll make up something if they have to, JUST because Trump doesn't like them. The government wastes all its time seeking vindication for the president that they can't even do their REAL jobs.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 19:01
    @joe-shmo said
    Uh-huh, so I was right.

You want this corrupt administration to fund it.

No surprise there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree