1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 05:51
    Finding Dory's (or whatever) trailer has caused a commotion on twitter.
    Now, for sure, I have about as much respect for twitterers as I do for dog poo, but seemingly the media does listen to their moronic moaning...

Now, in the trailer it looks like.... Two women are helping a baby and the twitter community (presumably community is an exaggeration) is up in arms about Disney's possible first portrayal of a lesbian couple....

I find it rather strange that bestiality is allowed (princesses snogging frogs), but two women (I hardly think it was a sex scene) aren't.

Let's shoot twitterers!
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 06:58
    Ellen is a big part of what made "Finding Nemo" so great, with a wonderful character in Dory. I can't wait to see this new movie.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 07:04
    What's twitter?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 07:54
    , Originally posted by Wajoma
    What's twitter?
    LMFAO, how can anyone NOT KNOW WHAT TWITTER IS?

The humor in your joke is in pretending to not know what such a popular and commercially successful internet medium is. Hahaha, when will the side-splitting stop?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 08:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Finding Dory's (or whatever) trailer has caused a commotion on twitter.
    Now, for sure, I have about as much respect for twitterers as I do for dog poo, but seemingly the media does listen to their moronic moaning...
    I have less respect for the media than I do for dog poo. The thing is, the media, like twitters, is a vast group of people some of which are not too bad and some of which deserve no respect whatsoever. Sadly the latter groups is larger in both cases.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 09:022 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    Ellen is a big part of what made "Finding Nemo" so great, with a wonderful character in Dory. I can't wait to see this new movie.
    I totally agree.

"OMG! Lesbians! #whocares #seriously"
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 09:092 edits
    LMFAO, how can anyone NOT KNOW WHAT TWITTER IS?

The humor in your joke is in pretending to not know what such a popular and commercially successful internet medium is. Hahaha, when will the side-splitting stop?
    No worries, I don't use it, have never used it, have had no need to use it.

I'll google it.

Most humble thanks to you for troubling yourself to respond to my post.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 11:19
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    No worries, I don't use it, have never used it, have had no need to use it.

I'll google it.

Most humble thanks to you for troubling yourself to respond to my post.
    Frankly it's a little bizarre you managed to get to within astronomical units of the Internet and still never have heard of Twitter.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 11:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Frankly it's a little bizarre you managed to get to within astronomical units of the Internet and still never have heard of Twitter.
    it's a little bizarre you believe him
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 12:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Never said I'd never heard of it. Just that I've never had any call to use it because I don't know what it is.

Take it or leave it.

One day when I can be bothered might take a look at google.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 12:55
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it's a little bizarre you believe him
    Don't you blokes have anything more interesting to do than assess my twitter knowledge?

Generally I give people the benefit of the doubt:

You're a software engineer in Romania
    KN is a physics graduate/student in the Netherlands?
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 15:28
    It's like Pulp Fiction:

But you have heard of the medium of TV...

Do they have electricity below the Mason-Dixie line?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 04:571 edit
    On The Hollywood Reporter website, Ellen DeGeneres said this in a press release:

"I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating Toy Story 16. But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is -- it's got a lot more Dory."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/finding-dory-pixars-finding-nemo-432329

This article also mentions that the movie was set for release for November 25, 2015, but it was since pushed back to June 17, 2016. The Good Dinosaur was released in its place.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 06:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    On The Hollywood Reporter website, Ellen DeGeneres said this in a press release:

"I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating Toy Story 16. But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the fi ...[text shortened]... it was since pushed back to June 17, 2016. The Good Dinosaur was released in its place.
    I won't look at the link because I don't want anything spoiled. I don't even want to look at the trailer. I just want walk in the theater and be awed.

I have a feeling this will be a lot funnier "Nemo", since I'm sure Ellen probably played a big role in the script. In fact, she even said she was the one pushing for this movie to get made.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 20:15
    People who find the movie offensive can boycott the movie. Judgmental hypocrites who claim to be inclusive and freedom loving can belittle those who boycott the movie.

What else is new?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree